Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Modifications

 One of a Kind:

 Airplane Motor home, no longer flies I think.




For today:




I remember reading if plan A goes wrong, there are many more letters in the alphabet.

I received an e-mail from my friend Buddy.  He was commenting on my hip problem. Unfortunately his hips have given him a lot of trouble lately.  He was walking for his health, he was up to about 3 miles an hour, AMAZING for ONE his age. Then his hips began to yell at him.

(Quote from his e-mail:  I worry about YOU, because you are so much older than I am. )  Well I am 3 or 4 months his senior and MUCH SMARTER. I bet I could have figured the problem out on my own when I lay screaming on the trail. LOL!!!  No joke, Sherry & I did meet a couple of sisters hiking; one of them did break a hip hiking and had to be carried out.

Buddy is scheduled for replacement early 2023.

He got me to thinking, maybe I am pushing it too hard for the present. I am trying to get my body ready for the long haul, speed isn’t really necessary, and what I need to do is get used to the added 25-30 lbs I will be carrying.

SO after considering the things Buddy shared with me, I am modifying my schedule.  I am going to do my long walks Mon, Wed & Fri. with short or no walks in between. I might add some other exercises, but bouncing what Bud said around in my mind. I think a change is wise.

As I walked today I was thinking, is that cartilage at my joints replacing itself as it wears down, of is it like a car tire, just wears out?  I should check on that.

Enough, thanks Buddy and thank everyone who reads this stuff. Life is good

I helped this fellow across the road and we talked. I told it about the other turtle and losing the eggs.  After I got him across the road he said good bye and headed on under the fence.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I am reading how to keep the Synovial membrane fed and alive. Shucks, I started to feel like a doctor, but I remember the words of Dr. Coutts when I was analyzing my symptoms of another ailment, "YOU ARE NO DOCTA!"

 

.

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Your "Plan B" sounds mighty wise, Jack. Could you, perhaps, consult a (good) physical therapist for tips? Back in 2013 Tom had a great experience with his hip replacement. Unfortunately, the other side's now causing him much pain. Dang, our parents should have bought the extended warranty!

Thanks for the memes. That baby one makes me laugh so hard I snorted.

Chatty Crone said...

Love the jokes! I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but the joints do not regenerate! lol Sorry.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Take care Jack. Wishing you quick recuperation with your painful hip. Praying for you and Sherry.

God bless always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sad but true, the older we get the more things wear out. I'm all for taking it easy these days. I work a little and rest a lot. Little by little I get things done, but fast is not in my vocabulary. I'm slow and nothing can make me hurry. My body tells me to rest awhile and I'll feel better. Take it slow and easy Jack and don't irritate that hip.

Woody said...

I forget and easily "Over do" and next thing I am in the recliner waiting forf the Heart to slow down, My Oxygen Level Falls to 89 and heart Rate goes up to 95- 100 ( I have a Meter) so it's in the chair or sit anywhere and wait till it gets to 98% Oxygen and heart Rate 55 - 60.
I am careful walking, Ice Patch's up here can be hiding and get you. Thankfully I only have some trouble in left hip, enough complaining, I am Blessed and alive and keeping you and that Lovely Wife of yours oin my Prayers, Love and Cheer from the North: Gary and Anna Mae