Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Our Community Streets in the Leesburg, FL

 For a few weeks I am dedicating the auto section to 'One of a Kind' cars and RVs, I hope you enjoy them. Imma put two today.



The Trike Motor Home.
A real off road Hummer!

For today:

Traffic is very light each morning I walk. I make the walk between 9:30 and noon.

As I leave I look back at the Coach.  It is parked beside out trailer. Son Mark is living there now, son Jack will be back next week. So our immediate family will be here together for awhile....

This morning I counted 7 cars in the 2 hours. This is the three streets I walk, we do miss sidewalks:

Note I took the pictures from the middle of the road, BUT I do not walk there, of course! ;-).

Walking you see things you do not see driving.

Things such as this auto body in the back yard, why is it there? The place is nice, the yards are manicured?

I have seen pine trees all my life, I have never seen any like these in Florida. Pine trees are supposed to be straight as a power pole. They DO NOT NORMALLY have Forks like oaks and gum trees. See this one:


Also something a little different here in Florida, is good furniture and appliances on the side of the street. If you need something you must get there first, or you will only have the broken or worn stuff to pick thru, like this:

A lot of this is renters moving out fast, some behind on rent. Much of their possessions are left and the landlord moves them to the road side.

You can furnish an entire home with some good furniture in a couple weeks if you like. Son Mark has furnished our trailer with a dining room suit, A couple end and utility tables, very good items.

Of course i see palm trees as I walk Not much shade but they are very pretty:

In an hour the clouds blew in and it turned dark, it is not time for Nicole yet is it?

 

This crow was telling everyone I was taking his picture, the dude was LOUD!

Nite Shipslog

PS:

6 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Love those walks you take, Jack. I always thought pine trees were odd in FL, too. Certainly not like the ones I grew up with in PA.

I hope Nicole does not have much effect on your area. Hugs- Diana

Mevely317 said...

I enjoyed you taking us along, showing us the neighborhood! Yep, I've a friend in Bradenton that recently 'shared' an old desk and bookcase on her front curb. Boxes of avocados, too. Everything was gone by the next morning.

Lifting prayers for everyone in the path of Nicole!

betty said...

Treasures by the side of the road get picked up here fast too! I think there are people who make their living by driving around and finding things to either take to recycle or try to sell. Lovely walk you do Jack!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thanks for sharing your walk with us. I don't imagine you'll be walking there today. They news says a lot of rain is coming down there. Hope you stay safe! Strange as it seems they say we will see remnants of the hurricane here tomorrow. The rain is moving up to Ohio. Take good care and stay safe !

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's a nice place where you live. I'm intrigued about the loss of sidewalks. Does that mean people walk on the grass or on the edge of the road?

We only have palm trees indoors in malls over here.

God bless always.

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed your walk. Very interesting how life is so different from one place to another.
What is one man's junk is another man's treasure.
I hope you don't get hurt with the tropical storm.
I know you will be happy when the family gets all there.