Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thanksgiving

 One of a Kind:

 1962 Covington Tiburon  (Built and sold in the Tampa/St. Pete area)


For today:

We attended First Assembly of Eustis Sunday. Son Jack had visited this church and enjoys the friendship and fellowship he feels.  We are growing to like it also.

In His sermon Sunday the pastor gave personal examples in his life when as a youth when he was not thankful.

He went on to say, he had learned a lot from those times and we all can learn from errors. He stated I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS GREAT COUNTRY, I hear some disparaging remarks at times about lost rights, I find it hard to see them.  We are free to be here in this building to worship God in a way we feel best. No one will come thru that door and order me to stop or take me to jail.

WE have wonderful people in this country.  Just look over this congregation; in churches thru out this land the same thing is happening. Many kids are in church learning about Jesus.

If I get the urge I can step out that door and yell “PRAISE GOD!”

There are Christian Missionaries in countries that would be killed for saying they love Jesus IN PUBLIC.  Yet in this country I am free to praise His Name. I can get a permit for a public gathering and stand on the streets and Praise His Name.

--------     -------------    --------

ME? ……. I have said it many times myself, I love this country and I am thankful I was allowed to serve a country that pledges allegiance to its flag in this way:


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.",

I KNOW we haven’t always had over all equal treatment  BUT BELIEVE ME in my lifetime I have witnessed MUCH PROGRESS, no we haven’t arrived completely, but we have gained immensely since my teens.  WE have many good folks in this country and some fools. But I thank God this country was based on the 10 commandments, and basically the Christian Faith.

I am thankful for that.

I am thankful for my COUNTRY, my WIFE (Who is my sweetheart), family, friends and His Blessings to us all. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Nite Shipslog

PS:  JUST BE THANKFUL!!!

 

7 comments:

Mevely317 said...

AMEN(!) to every blessed word, Jack!
Like JJ, I was so drawn to our little church -- not for the aesthetics or music, but the genuine sense of caring and camaraderie.

I hope you and Sherry and the 'boys' enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

There are so many things in life we should be thankful for every day. Sometimes we forget; and God forgives our forgetfulness. Let us now rejoice and give thanks.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day to you and your family. May you all be blessed always.

God bless, Jack & Sherry.

Susie said...

I am thankful for your service to our country. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Unknown said...

You said it all so well and I couldn't agree more. We live in the best country and we have rights some people in other countries can only dream about. We are very lucky and truly blessed. Happy Thanksgiving to you, your wife Sherry and your entire family.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Amen Jack! I love my country too. I'm so thankful we have a day like Thanksgiving set aside just to be thankful. I don't think many others have the freedoms we have.. I'm proud to be called an American and will always be proud of my country ! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweetheart !

Glenda said...

AWE,Good one, JacSher!!! HAPPY Thanksgiving
to you!

Dar said...

You are soooo right again. We do live in a wonderful country and have every reason to be thankful. I'm also thankful we can worship in the open with God and the world watching. I feel ashamed sometimes for not doing my part better to keep us free. God's not thru with me yet. I hope you and Sherry had a most blessed day with your boys and precious family.
loven'hugs from up north in our warm, rainy, foggy day.