Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Walking, keeping in shape. I hope

 Autos of my history:

 We have lots of memories from Drive-ins


For today:

It is not a secret I hope to be able to spend a lot of time on the AT next year.  I hope to actually start in January. I realize in the Georgia Mountains, It can be pretty cold. I am fortunate, I handle cold weather pretty well. If there is a heavy snow or one predicted, I will use caution and start later.

I mentioned in a blog earlier the local trail I try to walk every day as well as the mile or two to get there.  I am doing it to TRY to prepare. Yes, I know Fla is FLAT, but it is the best I can do. LOL

After Sherry read that blog, she wanted to go up and walk the natural trail.  We haven’t did it together yet, but she did see the entrance. This is the entire park, except the parking area and the trail.


Pics of color on/to the trail...


(the Florida 'rain tree')

I am not much of a photographer, but the one below is a nice purple. (imma try to do better)



Here is one on a fence on the road to the park. It is amazingly RED and ODD in its shape. But this sucker will get your attention:

I asked the owner if I could take a picture of their sunflowers. He said they are really not real sunflowers, but Mexican Sunflowers.

The animal in the yard below surprised me  ;-O.

Now this is ODD, this is NOT a DOG

On a closer look can you see this HOG?

Now they have me wondering, is this hog being raised to eat, or be a pet?  Have you ever had a hog for a pet or known anyone who has?

These walks are sure making questions in my mind. LOL

    Nite Shipslog

PS: This is on our walk too; for Victor. I could not find 'The Thinker' but I did find a pair of lions down the street here, like the ones down the street from you.

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love the area where you walk, and the lions and ... the hog. Yes, we did have a hog as a pet when I was young. My parents got it as a little baby pig; but it grew and grew and grew. It was very tame and "played" with our dog both running in the yard.

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

You are still planning to walk. In January? Woe. It seems like it would be a pet - lots of people have hogs or baby pigs. Not me. lol

betty said...

Someone I work with, her best friend has a pig for a pet. Not a big one, but a pig nonetheless. You got a couple months to get into shape, Jack, for January and the AT!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Walking is so good for us. I hope you can build your stamina up for the AT. That is not an unknown quantity for you. You know what it takes. I wish you well and hope you can achieve your dreams. The only pigs I ever saw were in my grandfathers pig sty and they were raised for meat. I thought they were mean creatures at the time. We didn't dare get too near to them. We'd visit them when it was feeding time. They were pigs!

Mevely317 said...

Those little lions crack me up! (Poor man's Versailles?)
Wasn't it back in the 80's that pigmy pigs were all the rage as house pets? I've heard the arguments (ie, they're cleaner than a dog), but have trouble wrapping my mind around cuddling with a pig. Ha!

I'm honestly envious of your stamina; making dreams come true.

Dar said...

Jack, if anyone can walk the AT, in the winter, none the less, It's YOU. Is Sherry going with you this trek???? I wish every day, that my hip would handle even a walk around the house without giving out....hmmm. Yes, Eric had a pet pig, the runt of the bunch, in the house. She spent most of her time inside his boot or up his pantleg, when he wasn't wearing them, of course. She grew too big to stay inside eventually. Have many wonderful walks together, prepping for Jan. You can do it !
loven'hugs from up north where it's raining today, leading up to snow in a few days. We can wait.