Saturday, December 10, 2022

Broken bones?

 Today’s one of a kind:

Ingenious use of an old 2 ton Chevy truck... Nice RV!

Note: Susan K: I have been clicking the FB thingee when I left a comment on the 'contemplativecat'  thinking I was sending it to your FB, I was sending it to my FB.  ;-O
I do enjoy the blog.... I will keep trying to at least comment as an anonymous.....

NOW Some thoughts for today:

Growing up some of my school mates and friends experienced broken bones. Most were not extreme breaks but did require a cast.  I remember sorta admiring them as most would decorate them, many got signatures on them, etc.

I have experienced only a broken bone. An ignorant male thing. Once fishing with the family in Key West on our boat, I hung the anchor. Jack Jr, at the time was in HS. He was pulling the anchor. He wrapped the line around his hand and I yelled, “NO! You could break your hand, I’ll do it, you come back inside and take the helm!”

I pulled and pulled and did no good. I wrapped the line around my hand and told JJ to give it all full throttle. He said, “Dad you said that could break your hand!”

“Hit it,” I said.  He did, I thought I had broken my hand but it was only one finger.  YEAH, Stupid I know, I still ain’t lived it down…

BUT the doctor said, “If you promise not to use it and keep it stationary, I won’t cast it.” At the time I was teaching so not too much physical activity was necessary. I did take care and don’t even remember which finger it was.  I never had a cast. ;-(

Up until a few years ago Sherry had survived breaking anything. But at the last house we were working on, a short set of steps were left unattached, awaiting final bolting. They should have been flagged, but they weren’t. They actually looked safe.  Sherry stepped on them and they went down, she did break an arm.

Jack Jr. suffered a cracked shoulder blade and broken collar bone when Mark's bike came down on Jack's bike, on a Moto Cross track. They don't cast his breaks.

 Mark broke an ankle in football.  He was proud of his cast.

How about you?  Any broken bones?

NiteShipslog

PS:

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I had a broken tail bone when I was 21. I hit the ground pretty hard. Thats all. I used to admire the cast on other people too.
I have to say though, I have hit my pinky toe enough time on furniture that I would think it was broke. Ha!

Happy Sunday
Lisa

Chatty Crone said...

I don't want to jinx myself - lol.

Mevely317 said...

Seeing that photo of Mark makes me think of the old song, "You've got to be a football hero, to get along with the beautiful girls."
Yep, in 6th grade I had a bicycle accident which resulted in a broken arm. The big plaster cast was cool, but it was my left arm -- and I'm left-handed. My parents were SO upset when my teacher gave me a 'D' in penmanship. I can't remember if the grade was reversed; all I remember was how my skin itched, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's catching, Jack. I posted here a couple of hours ago; and now my comment has gone. Am I in your SPAM folder? I like Spam but there is no can opener here.

God bless.
Victor S E Moubarak - http://timeforreflections.blogspot.com

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I once broke my foot and had to stay off it for 6 weeks. I was working at the time and had to scoot up the stairs to work on my bottom so I wouldn't harm my foot. I had to use crutches and a wheelchair for a while. It's an eye opening experience.