Saturday, December 31, 2022

Success can take many paths

Today’s one of a kind:

Mayan Magnum is the only one built by Dean Ing, who dabbled in aerospace engineering and science-fiction writing

 The Mayan Magnum




Some thoughts for today:

We humans are each different, no two are exactly alike.  Most of our live are lived by the rules and guidelines learned in our formative years 3-12 (in my opinion).

There are theoretic mental roads we travel. The Poem ‘The Road Not Taken’ written by Robert Frost has stuck in my mind since Ms. Melisa Grill brought it out so well in the 7th grade.  If you do not know or remember, it is summed up with this:

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

 

With some roads taken, there will be no second chances; BUT thank the Good Lord some of them, when we realize we chose the wrong path, HE allows us like the GPS to ‘recalculate.’

Many of my friends in and out of the Military drank too much. Some good men, three very close to me realized that they had chosen the wrong road and thru AA or just determination, recalculated and became a plus to our society and their families.

We all make the decisions WE THINK are CORRECT, but at times we do not or cannot make up our minds until forced to by life. Another poem,

The House by the Side of The Road

By Sam Walter Foss,

There are hermit souls that live withdrawn
In the place of their self-content;
There are souls like stars, that dwell apart,
In a fellowless firmament;
There are pioneer souls that blaze the paths
Where highways never ran-
But let me live by the side of the road
And be a friend to man.  ……….

This one points out several roads (paths), but the poet choses to simply ‘Be a Friend to Man.’

Poems are not everyone’s ‘Cup of Tea’. But many have deep meanings. Poets, like the song writer, presents a message, some nonsensical, some so deep that just few words hold you there.

Some paths I want to walk, but just do not have the Ability or talents to do it. I have tried to write songs, poems, sing, or play the guitar and piano… NADA.  Some roads are too bumpy. ;-) But when I found the road that led me to building, the road smoothed out and made all the difference……   ;-)


(taken from a grandson's FB, sooo true!! That fits him, as well as the other Grands.)

Nite Shipslog

PS:

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy New Year ! It's a good day to decide which roads you want to take. We've got to keep moving forward every day. I always try to think I'll do better today than yesterday, It's my resolution every year ! My path takes me in the slow lane and that's ok because I only know one speed and that is slow! I wish you success this year and may your path be a smooth one !

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness - love your poems and meme's. You hit the nail on the head today. Happy New Year. What I can add is even not making a decision is making a decision.

Mevely317 said...

I agree with Sandie!
Tho' I never memorized Mr. Frost's epic poem, it's always made an impression. 'Never heard of the second, but it's a good 'un. Isn't it curious what quotes/poems (etc.) speak to our hearts ... some more loudly than the next.
Great shares, Jack. Thank you.

Lisa said...

I always just took the shortest road. Haha.
Happy New year!!!

Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, we are often at a cross-road with a choice to make. Decisions made at the time can affect a lifetime. So many regrets ... or perhaps just a few.

God bless.