Friday, December 9, 2022

What is a dream worth? (Part 1)

 Today’s one of a kind:

 Honestly, this cantilever creation confuses me.


Some thoughts for today:

Most humans are dreamers of some kind.

Dreams of love, riches, peace, health etc

 Most dreams are a combination of goals, aims or even needs. We have traveled to countries where I could not blame anyone for having a dream of LIVING IN THE USA!

Some countries we have visited I said, “If I lived here I would do anything to reach the USA.  If I was on the border I would try to cross until I made it.” No, I do not approve of open borders, there must be control, but that has nothing to do with dreaming of a better life.

For instance, Haiti or Mexico there are areas you will cry. Where homes have dirt floors, no water and no toilet facilities.

This is a great country, Sherry & I have been blessed. We had a dreams and worked toward them. I remember VERY WELL when we reached a position that we could eat out, IN RESTAURANTS!  Sherry would say, “I don’t envy the wealthy, but I want us to have enough that we can eat out one or two times a week.”

I would laugh and say, “Me too Honey, But I would like to have enough that, if I wanted dinner in Hawaii tomorrow, we could do that.”   LOL

Most of us are smart enough to know dreams from reality.

A couple days ago, after we went to the bank to withdraw money for Christmas Presents, I had to smile.  Sherry was preparing cards that son Mark was going to deliver to NC.

(NOTE: Sherry sends checks to the boys and grand's on Christmas & birthdays. She is the keeper of the books, Me? I can do with a few $  off in my balance, but not Ms Sherry, she balances to the penny! In the past 2 years some of those cards were lost, never cashed. She has carried checks for 2 years awaiting returns or posting, nada)

Considering the note: When she can, she wants to use cash and hand it to them. If mailing? She does checks.

But back to what I was saying: As she divided up the cash here on the table, I laughed saying, “Remember when one of those bills was more than our monthly income?”  WE both stopped and did some remembering, and our dreams, many of which have come true.

(In one of our 8'x30' trailer! It was an upgrade from 26' LOL)

 (Entry too long, continued tomorrow)

NiteShipslog

PS:

5 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Okay, this first photo has me scratching my head!
Yep, perspective's a great tool. I remember going to the bakery for days-old bread and bringing it home to freeze. We bought powdered milk to supplement the 'real' stuff.
Isn't it a crying shame when you can no longer trust those who handle the US Mail? Only a few days ago there was a news story about postal employees' stealing gift cards from envelopes. (I guess they can 'feel' the card through the envelope.) My uncle used to send me a $2 bill every year through the mail, no worries. I wonder if the 'bad guys' through it was fake. LOL.

Love this photo of PROUD poppa!

Mevely317 said...

"thought", that is. Fingers travelling too fast for my brain to catch up!

Chatty Crone said...

I have no idea how that truck moves in the first photo.

You are right - we are dreamers and isn't it a wonderful privilege to have been born in the USA?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Young people these days do not appreciate what previous generations went through and how they lived on limited income. Today, they expect Christmas toys costing £100 each.

God bless always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think it's important ww all have dreams. Even though I'm had a good many come true I'm not done dreaming more. We are the ones that make them come true, mostly through hard work and never giving up.
Sweet dreams to you and Sherry! May they all come true !