Friday, December 30, 2022

Travel! Maybe we will ALL get back to a normal.

 One of a Kind:

 

This dude is LOW and LONG! definitely one of a kind

For today:

The terrible wrecks and many deaths attributed to this last BAD STORM were terrible and the number of lives interrupted are almost unbelievable, unless you are one of them.

We were inconvenienced and that is all.  Our lives went on mostly normally. MA, from Bloggersville, has made her trek to Florida, now enjoying more sun!

Here in central Florida we are back to the 70’s with the sun shining and approaching normal. We have a dear friend **Allan. (note in the PS) WE cannot be around him with out hearing, "I am Blessed!"

We know “WE TOO are blessed!”  WE have a few more days here in Leesburg then heading West a short distance to the Wildwood area.  We have sat here too long, it will feel good to be on the road.

Yesterday I fried fish for my time for the main dish. Sherry made slaw and Pea Salad, the Pea Salad recipe became part of our diet (Louise Landers) in Biloxi Mississippi about the 1960 time frame.

Funny moving around the different foods you are exposed to. Sherry got her RED Cake recipe from Moberly MO. Her delicious Lasagna came from Joan Doughton in Key West Florida. Joan was from Pennsylvania and used the recipe in Key West and we loved it.

(The comments were left on a chefs online recipes, I did smile!)


Foods, we try to sample the specialties in the parts of the country we visit. Some hit the spot, others don’t.  I tried fried Alligator in Louisiana, and was disappointed. But I still think the grease was old it was cooked in.  In South Dakota I tried a Buffalo Burger, it was very good.

I do like a little ‘zest’ in my foods, but Myra, here in Bloggersville can make my tongue burn when she talks about her chili!  LOL

Have you picked up any recipes from travel?

NiteShipslog

PS: 

Strange how some news shocks you more than others. The timing, the person, and just life.  Our pastor in NC requested prayer for a dear friend. ALLAN is a breath of fresh air to all who meet him. He never seems to be down. Every time I ask, “How is it going Allan?”  The answer is always with a sideways smile, “I’m Blessed!”

BUT now he is in intensive care on a ventilator with a heavy case of the COVID.  If you pray, mention Allan.  THANKS.

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for Allan and all affected by the storm; and for you and yours Jack & Sherry.

Keep safe and take care. God bless you now and always.

Mevely317 said...

Off hand, I can't think of any one regional dish that piqued my desire to recreate it at home. Maybe it would be more accurate to say, whenever I'd try, (my efforts) always fell short of the mark. Lifting prayers for Allen!

yaya said...

Prayers for your dear friend Allen. Covid is still here and causing problems but hopefully he can beat it. Safe travels ahead for you. I hope we get to travel this year. We put it off last year just to play catch up here after all the surgeries we endured! Now I'm ready to move it along! My sister is heading to Orlando with her daughter and their family. I hope she enjoys all that sunshine! I have many recipes that I call my own and most came from family, friends or just from my own head! Have a very Happy New Year Jack and Sherry! May '23 bring you glee! Love from my Jack and me in Ohio!

Chatty Crone said...

•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

salemslot9 said...

I pray Allan is getting better.