Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas 2022

 One of a Kind:

 



Myra asked a logical question about 'trail names.'  Yes I think it is to remain anon unless you want to share. The most folks usually pry is, “Where are you from?”  Also about the keeping in touch. WE only kept up with Chilly and Just Ray. Cards and dinner at times.

 For today:

I will leave thoughts of the trail for a few days (maybe). Christmas Season is such a wonderful time of the year. I think of it like the end of a good book. The sweet ending when all is well. The good Guy wins.

The difference is we will start a new book a few days after that, but like children someone will say in a few days, it is only about 350 days until Christmas.  We start a new book.

We have been blessed with health this past year.  I did have a bout with Covid.  It did leave me weighing less and much weaker.  Weaker than I have ever been, and it does bother me, but I know I am still blessed.

I have no idea what you faced last year, and survived.  Contrary wise, you don’t know what we have faced, and that is how it should be.  Some close friends help us all along with prayer and faith so WE make it.  

Deaths and drugs hold a hammer over families too often. Two dear families, close acquaintance's, have suffered much more than we have this year, each involving family members.

My prayers for Sherry and I is that 2023 will be filled with joy, love and forgiveness.  That 2023 will have more smiles and happiness than we have ever known.  I am not selfish here, my hopes and prayers for each of you are the same.

I know Christmas is the highlight of the year because we celebrate the birth of our Savior.  Then a few days later we celebrate the birth of the New Year. We each have a blank book.  I want mine to be a LOVE Story.  I hope yours is.

NiteShipslog

PS:

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Merry Christmas. That was a beautiful message. I hope and pray you have a great new year!

Mevely317 said...

Merry Christmas, Jack and Sherry. I really enjoyed the tone and meaning of your message.

Blogger just 'ate' my earlier comment; perhaps that's for the best.

yaya said...

Merry Christmas Jack and Sherry! We've been pretty healthy this year compared to the last 2 years. I joked that was why I went back to work because so many folks retire and then have health issues. I know I did so I needed to reverse the mojo! So I wish you all the health and happiness to end this year and then the same to start the new one! Take care you two!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Merry Christmas. That was truly a wonderful Christmas message to read. I hope nothing but happiness comes your way for 2023. May you have all the love you need and may you have much success. I'm sending you both love and hugs from Ohio!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

With best wishes to you and your family now and always.

God bless you all; my friends.

Lisa said...

Christmas was nice. I hope you and Sherry have a wonderful New Year.

Lisa