Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Walking for my health & blogging

 Today’s one of a kind:

 Yes it is real,  a stretch VW  Fifth Wheel! (STREEETCH)


Some thoughts for today:

Yes, I am sorta out of place here; an old man wearing my back pack. I was asked by a gentleman out walking his dog, “Are you walking for your health?”

“Yes Sir, I certainly am.” I replied.

“Is it lowering your blood pressure or does it just strengthen your legs?

“I hope so, but mainly it is so I won’t die early!”

“Meaning?” he asked puzzled.

“Well sir, she said ‘if you don’t get out of the house for a while ........  you might not live much longer!’ I sorta believe her!”

“YEAH THANKS, I do understand that!” He said laughing!

(Honey, sweetheart, that was a sorta joke, relax and put the knife down!)

I do get some funny looks, I’m sure some think I am homeless.

Do you ever wonder about yourself?  What you are about?

I was in line at the Chief’s club once for a drink. I thought I recognized the guy in front of me. I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned, I did not know him.

“I’m sorry,” I said, “I thought you were someone else!”

With no facial expression at all he said, “I might be!”

These two pictures from our hike thru the Smoky Mountain's, the 100 miles took us 10 days.

Okay, my attempt at levity. BUT for sure I am hoping to get my back in shape for my back pack. I have built up the weight to about 25 pounds. I hope in the next few days to have it at 30 pounds.  Younger I carried 40-45 lbs She carried 35Lbs.

(A lake in Maine!)

It looks like we will be here in Florida until January.  So I won’t start the trail until Jan 20th or so.  I am really looking forward to it.

Question: How many of you who blog,  do your blogging on the cell phone?

Any suggestion?  I hope to keep on blogging some as I hike, anything special I need to know?

NiteShipslog

PS:

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

The van (?) at the top sure could carry a lot! And no I do not blog on the phone - I have no idea how - and it would be hard for me to see. Maybe someone else does. ☺

Anonymous said...

I use an app called “BlogTouch”. I walks you through connecting with your blogger. I blog from my phone sometimes.
Lisa D (not anonymous) Here we go again. Grrrr.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I envy your stamina and courage. Well done on going on these long walks. Wishing you well and I hope you find a way of Blogging from your cell-phone. I don't use mine much because the battery soon runs out and I have to go all the way back home to recharge it.

You asked: "Do you ever wonder about yourself? What you are about?"

Yes I do ... I believe I am a character in a book which is being read by a bear.

God bless.

yaya said...

Do we ever stop wondering about ourselves? Who we are, what we want to be when we grow up? I wonder daily but next year I'll be 70 so I better figure it out! You're an inspiration to all to be walking with a back pack and getting ready for a long hike. I carry at least 25lbs but unfortunately it's not in a back pack! Ha! Have a good week. I hope those nasty storms in Florida didn't come your way. Hugs from Ohio to you and Sherry!

Lisa said...

Testing the comments. I posted earlier from my cell phone and it named me Anonymous. I’m using my I pad this time and it lets me comment correctly.

Night
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Like Victor, I'm so envious of your stamina and courage. Have to admit, had you not said anything to that dog walker fellow, I'd might have erroneously presumed you were homeless. (Albeit, well dressed!)

I've never tried blogging on my cell phone; it sure doesn't sound appealing! Then again, my friend Sandra at 'Mad Snapper' has recurring hand/wrist issues and blogs using her phone's voice feature. I think the trick is to enunciate carefully ... like Auto Correct, there's bound to be some humorous mistakes.