Sunday, December 4, 2022

I am….. The Privileged!

 One of a kind:

 The Artful Dome motor home



Today’s Wisdom(?)  LOL :

I am not sure who said it to me; could have been my big sister. Someone once spoke loudly to me, “Keep that up and I will yank a knot in your tail!”

It was obvious they meant: if I kept on there would be trouble. We humans KNOW there are people of privilege in this world, whether we like it or not.  BUT actually most of those people DO NOT DEMAND special attention, even though they get it.

The news this week: The Police Chief of Tampa is in trouble because, as a passenger, she flashed her badge to keep her hubby from getting a ticket.  It worked of course, but she is sure eating crow for it.

In another incident, the ‘niece’ of an influential politician used ‘his name’ to threaten police and others as she resisted arrest by biting, scratching and kicking. She was making rude, nasty remarks to other passengers on an Airplane. The NAME did not work and she has a list of charges and a heavy bond.

Most businesses do give preferred treatment to their best customers and the same goes for ‘high profile’ officials. In my work I have come in contact with some people who were much better positioned than I, and they were always very nice, never demanding any special treatment.

I am no better than anyone else, and really no one else is BETTER than I. However position DOES tend to cause us to ‘give way’ to others.

BUT to my statement above, When I encounter someone who obviously ‘EXPECTS (or demands) PRIVILEGE” I want to yank a knot in their tail.  LOL

A reflection of yesterday’s blog entry, at that time (when someone expects privilege) my mind goes into overdrive and it is BEST if I not say what is on my mind.  (BIG SMILE)

------------    ----------------     -------------

Thank you all for being here, I appreciate it…

Nite Shipslog

PS:

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Humility is out of fashion and seen as a weakness.

God bless.

Chatty Crone said...

I could not agree with you more - I want to yank a knot in their tail too!

Mevely317 said...

Tom and I were talking about that very thing the other day! Thankfully, in both our lives we've been fortunate to know super wealthy people who look and act like they hadn't two nickels to their name.

I like to read accounts of famous people who are truly nice; unfortunately, what's splashed in the media are the nasties. Give me a break!

Glenda E Hulbert said...

OH WOW, you've created a thought in my brain, thanks/Jack Darnell
Please give Sherry a warm hug from Chobee! As if I had to ask!!!