Sunday, November 9, 2008

Can a Black President keep his promises?

I have started this three times already. I want to word it so it will not be miss understood, this is not to cast shadows on anyone. There have been a lot of promises made by politicians including our President elect. I have heard from my friends in the past, who were black, that they did not listen to promises because no one kept them. This year it has been a Black man making promises also, and for the first time (as a rule) the black community has listened.

It would be absolutely mind boggling, if for the first time ALL of the promises were kept. Maybe it is the pessimist in me, but I think many will learn something they did not understand before, it was not the white folk that did not keep their word, but the Politician, no matter what color. To win they must promise the moon …….. then explain later why they cannot do what they thought they could do.

They know the economic and job situation when they make the promises, but when they get in the job they must say, I did not realize things were this bad, we have to hold off on this promise or that pledge a little while until I bring blanke ty- blank into control. Etc.

For the nay sayers that say the world as we know it will fall apart now, I say wait and see. To the Promises of the bright future, I say I sure hope so, I can’t wait to see. For those that believed everything the President elect promised, I say He will try, but do not be surprised if it doesn’t go your way. And if this is the first time you got involved in the political process, hang in there.

For what it is worth, After January 20th next year you will see and hear new and inventive ideas (we need them), but the human in me says by next July or August it will be politics as usual, Democrats vs Republicans. Now please do not tell me that if I felt different things would be different, I cannot change anything with my ideas, except what Sherry gets for Christmas. LOL

This Republican backed Jimmy Carter to the hilt. I thought here is a new and fresh clean honest image and leader for our country. I still maintain that Mr. Carter was the most honest president we have had in my life time. I think he could negotiate one on one better than most. And it may be sour grapes, but I think he would have been one of the top presidents if HIS Democrat Congress would have cooperated. Yeah I backed President Carter, I think Rush Limbaugh has done the country a disservice by down grading him over the last few years(as he did McCain early in the campaign). I want to ask all those that think Mr. Carter was an idiot to tell me they could operate and skipper a nuclear Submarine, it takes intelligence, skill and a lot of knowledge to do that.

I could go on at the REAL, intelligent & promising people the media has destroyed.
I remember when the media brought a promising Democrat to his knees and tears by attacking his wife. (Who? Muskie? I forget, but I will never forget the interview!)


Nuff politics, Life is good, America is great and in spite of our differences, OUR LOVE for freedom and this Republic will SURVIVE!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NIte Shipslog
P.S. Life is GOOD!
The past couple days I have had a great time addressing mailers. The requests for the book are from all over the country, Thanks for the response. If I received your request Sat afternoon or Sunday, the book will leave the Wildwood area of Florida on Monday morning.
I don’t want to bore anyone but I will repeat the offer. Sticky will be sent to you if you request it on this Blog for $11 postage paid. I will use media mail since it is the most reasonable. E-mail me at jacsher@aol.com with your address and # of books. I will get them out as soon as I possibly can, usually the next day. You can pay by check or MO by snail mail, if you are satisfied with the book. My mail service address will be in the book when you receive it. Thanks.

go to: https://www.createspace.com/3356727 You will give a synopsis of the book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are braver than me I stay out of politics.
Now get me into City matters and I can hold
my own. I can't take care of Washington matters and local problems both, so I choose local. JJ is about to disown Steve the way
he voted. He came in from College just to vote. But at least he voted. Josh want say
how he voted. They are to funny.

Shirl

Paula said...

Nice entry. I had two grandchildren vote for the first time. I'm glad they took the responsibility.

betty said...

very wise words you wrote; I heard on the Mike Huckabee show tonight on Fox that he said he thinks our new president will end up disappointing more people on the left than on the right in the days ahead; I'm tending to agree; but he will have my prayers and support

betty