Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thoughts on Veteran's Day

We have Armed Forces in this country for a reason. There are people in this world that would like to destroy The United States of America, not just the USA but all freedom loving nations. There fore we must be ready to repel any and all boarders. We have treaties that will require us to join with others countries if they are attacked.

In my opinion there have been wars in our history that were unavoidable. We have had wars that I am not sure were required or necessary. I know many who will declare one or more skirmishes (wars) were (are) unnecessary. I honestly do not know. I do not know all the classified facts (and neither do you). (Background; I worked for the DIA a few years, I taught Naval Intel. processing and am aware of the millions of classified documents used to determine our countries actions, the info is surprisingly detailed, and rated as to it’s accuracy.)

After a few years, I felt our involvement in Viet Nam was going nowhere. But I never expressed my opinion outside our own analysis’ center. I was active duty my job was to follow orders. When this last action was declared I thought the action was righteous. In a few months I, like many more thought the ‘long term intel briefing’ giving President Bush had been flawed. Not the WMD, statement. Saddam himself was a WMD. What fooled our intelligence people was the lies his own scientists were telling Saddam. We were also getting the lies, there is no way to combat that. Saddam himself thought he was close to having a Nuclear Weapon because that is what his Scientists told him.

According to friends who have been there, we are doing a lot of good in Iraq. Kids are going to school who never had a school, houses have water & Elec. that never enjoyed it. Universities are operating. Roads are being built. BUT is that our place anymore is my question. I will admit I think the media is slanted to the violence. It will be interesting to see how President Obama gets the troops out. If it is done without the shame of defeat or much bloodshed on our part, I will applaud him.

That aside, GOD BLESS THE VET who goes where he is told without question. Stands in harms way where he is told, and as a whole he does an outstanding job and asks little in return. Many have given their all. Sometimes we wonder is it worth it? I say one thing that is apparent, we are not fighting here on our own soil, and there has not been a repeat of the horror of 9/11.
Nite Shipslog GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS THE VET.

PS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~How How do you know when you're stayingin a Redneck motel?When you call the front desk and say,I gotta leak in my sink, and the clerk replies, 'Go ahead'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you hear that they have raised the minimumdrinking age for Rednecks to 32?It seems they want to keep alcoholout of the high schools.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reasons why it's so hard to solve a Redneck murder:
1) The DNA is all the same
2) There are no dental records
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who invented the toothbrush ?
A Redneck.
(If it had been invented by anyone else,it would have been called a teethbrush.)

Just us red necks are ‘posed to laugh. We get mad when the rest of you do!!!
Check out Sticky at
www.createspace.com/13356727

4 comments:

Paula said...

Nice entry for today. I can laugh at your jokes 'cause I'm one of them.

betty said...

thanks for serving Jack! and thank you Sherry for serving too! for picking up and following Jack wherever he was sent to serve

betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Jack great entry.I'm looking forward to reading your book. Take care, jean

Terri said...

Salute to all of our Veterans..and Thank you!!!

Hugs
Terri