Sunday, November 16, 2008

placing a review on AMAZON!

I have asked for reviews on Amazon.com. If you are familiar with Amazon and have ordered from there you will have no problem making a review, however if you have a problem making a review, I understand and appreciate the thought. I received the following information from an author in California:

Jack -In order to post a review on any product, the person must have an Amazon.com customer account and must have purchased at least one item from Amazon.com---it doesn't have to be your book, nor any specific book for that matter. They can buy an MP3 download for $.99 to meet the requirement.Once they've got an active account, they can enter reviews on any product Amazon sells, not just products they have purchased from Amazon.
Regards April..


So that is it. I received an e-mail saying they could not get in leave a review. So the above is what I found out, FYI! For you that have tried, thanks.

Sherry has found a couple more mistakes I missed but she says the book still makes her want Sticky Buns & Evelyn wants coffee. Evelyn and Don have made a trip back to NC for a funeral of a dear friend. The Yard Sale here lasted thirty minutes, rain came and we closed up and went to the Waffle House for a Pecan Waffle. Then we went to have the oil changed at WAlmart, where a young lady did it. The sun came out and we stopped by a yard sale or two and I found a David Baldacci, ‘The Camel Club’ new hardback, $1.

Thanks for reading this stuff.

Nite ShipsLog

PS:
Two Kentuckians walk into a bar. While having a shot of whisky, they talk about their moonshine operation.

Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table, who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough. And, after a minute or so, it becomes apparent that she is in real distress.
One of the hillbillies looks at her and says, 'Kin ya swallar?'
The woman shakes her head no.
Then he asks, 'Kin ya breathe?'
The woman begins to turn blue and shakes her head no.
The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up her dress, yanks down her drawers and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his tongue. The woman is so shocked that she has a violent spasm and the obstruction flies out of her mouth. As she begins to breathe again, the Hillbilly walks slowly back to the bar.

His partner says, 'Ya know, I'd heerd of that there 'Hind Lick Maneuver' but I ain't niver seed nobody do it!'

Lot of surprises in Kentucky!


The book "Sticky", is still available for $11.00 inc. shipping. jacsher@aol.com

10 comments:

Sandra said...

oh is that one funny..... thanks for the laugh
Sandra

shirl72 said...

Well even proofreaders are not perfect. From
reading your comments sounds like everybody likes the book. I have been so busy haven't had time to re-read, but I will. Been playing in leaves all day.

Shirl

betty said...

okay, for some reason my comment didn't take; I'm best friends with Amazon, Jack, I have bought lots from them; I'll be honored to do a review for you once I get the book and read it :)

I'm thinking a waffle over a yard sale is a good idea!

betty

Paula said...

I started your book at four this morning. Easy to read, I'm on page 16. Now I know why the little boy is on the cover. I'm liking it.

Debbie said...

Sounds like everybody is enjoying your book, I know that makes you feel good.
We have a Wafflehouse that opened here not long ago but I've never been there. If we have waffles it's the cheapy frozen kind ya stick in the toaster,lol.
Us Kentucky hillbilly's know how to get 'er done!!! HAHAHAHA!
Debbie

Woody said...

Looks like your weather is pretty good, "Sticky" arrived at 2PM Friday, couldn't put it down, Loved it!!! "Great Story, finished it at 1am, Whats next????

Woody

Woody said...

For some reason the puter at home won't let me post a comment, BUT the one here at the Legion will, you 2 take care!!!!!

Woody

Anonymous said...

I finished your book the day after I got it and immediately thought of going to Amazon and writing a review! ;) Now I think a book about Sticky's Daddy's adventures re: the ALCAN or a book continuing with Sticky would be nice! Lindie

Terri said...

LOL@ the KY joke....

Guess what!

I got your book today..yippeeeeee!!!!

It will take me awhile to read it i'm sure, cause about the only thing i read is journals it seems...but you are about to change that =)

Thanks so much and will be sending payment ASAP!

Hugs
Terri

Debbie said...

As you can see my girl was all excited with her delivery last night. I didn't even know she ordered one. If she reads your book you've accomplished something cause she never liked reading in her younger years, lol.
Debbie