Sunday, November 10, 2013

I do something really stupid….

But first: Spunky says, “Yeah Joe, I know there is a fox back there, but today I am looking for that COON!”

Spunky and fox

Now todays stuff:

I get upset at myself when I make a mistake or miss something I know I should have caught.

I abuse myself and say bad words to me, I call my self stupid! (why would one do that when they are one of the smartest persons in the world? Winking smile)

I take things apart. Things I know nothing about, when I put them back together I might find a screw I forgot. Immediately I kick myself and say Stupid! Or speak  my by-word.. $hix!  That causes a problem because I do not know how loud I say it and my girl a mile away hears it.Sad smile

A few times I cannot get the ‘THING’ back together and chastise myself for trying it, thinking,  ‘YOU KNEW BETTER!’

I seldom BLAME anyone but myself. I think that is better than blaming everyone else, isn’t it? 

We have two wonderful sons. One takes the blame, the other likes to give the blame to someone else.

Now if I step in dog poop, I blame me for not seeing it and the owner for not cleaning it up! That is one time I feel like shared blame is fair. Winking smile

A few months ago out in Las Vegas when I backed into our car, I wanted so bad to have someone to blame, but it was too obvious, it was me.

I remember a song from years back about prayer, “It’s not my brother nor my sister but its me oh Lord, standing in the need of prayer.”

I guess in the long run I am okay blaming myself, it is much better than blaming everyone else. It would be terrible to blame someone, and them not be aware of it.Surprised smile

Probably safer to curse yourself than someone else, you might get kilt!

It is nice of you guys to read this cra-! I really appreciate it.

This is a silly post. Right now everything is wonderful, I did get the last thing I yelled about fixed. I was just missing one screw at the end and that one did not matter.

Now if you cannot get on line or find something in cyber space, blame me. Shucks I don’t mind.Embarrassed smile

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Here I am facing BD #75 soon and I can still LLLL (Live, Love, Laugh and Live!)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

image01717 - Copy

I once saw one something like this at Myrtle Beach. The guy had welded and glued everything to the car.

11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Jack I have to say I am more like you. And when people don't take blame for what they do - it is hard to Jack. Long story...

Don't be too hard on yourself - you seem like a good guy.

sandie

shirl72 said...

I don't try to take things apart
or click on something just to
see what happens. I'm afraid I want
get it back together. You do pretty good but leave the age numbers alone. When you go up one year so
do I.

Big Brother would say, "One never
knows, does one".

betty said...

I'll take the blame if I'm really the one that is to blame. I think I too can be hard on myself when I do something wrong, it must be the perfectionist in us?

betty

Jean said...

Your post has just shown up on my computer lol.
I was worried something might have happened to you. I'm not taking the blame I just blame Grover. Ha. I was fixing to go to bed and decided to check bloggers. I have company coming tomorrow and they get here before breakfast so I'll need my sleep. Jean

Jackie said...

I think it's ironic that I began my post this evening talking about something "stupid" that I did, and then I hop onto the reader to read others' blogs and see that you are writing aboutt similar things. I think that " great minds work alike. " That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We all make mistakes and that is mostly why I have so many opportunities to laugh at my self. I think more people should accept the responsibility for their own actions. Too many try to blame others for their problems. While I don't get mad, I try to laugh instead. No one has more opportunity than me. To forgive yourself is often harder than forgiving others. Good point you made today. Hope your Monday is off to a great start there !

Lucy said...

Spunky is thinking it was the raccoon that caused me to hurt my leg, so I will ignore the fox for now. That looks a lot like Spunk. I always take the blame for any thing that goes wrong, cause I am going to get it anyway. One thing Joe is taking the blame for is opening that door far enough that spunky bolted out and got Spunky got hurt.Then I try to make him feel better. Joe and Spunky. This has been an ordeal for us. Yes Jack when you get older we all do. I am proud that I have made it to another Birthday, if I get through till Sat. All the babies, falls,a-fib, Tia's, to many husbands and I am still alive.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
Gather up the screws you've left out and mail 'em to 'ol «Louis». People are always telling him he's missing a few. Maybe you have 'em... :-)

The front clip of that strange vehicle is from a '61 Imperial. Ya gotta wonder why people do things like this. That "car" would be right at home in the Walmart Car Show!

Louis la Vache said...

BTW... the 3 sets of headlights in the center are from Mercedes-Benzs..

Correction on the front clip: it's a '63 Imperial - the amber turn signals are the clue...

TARYTERRE said...

Try not to be too hard on yourself. It happens to the best of us.

salemslot9 said...

you have a screw loose, Jack ;)