Friday, November 29, 2013

Thinking

There are times it is dangerous for me to think. I come up with too many ideas.  I ask myself “What do we want to do next?” Then I interrupt myself and say, “Why can’t you be happy right here, right now and not think about next summer.”

I tell myself, “I am happy right now, why does planning and thinking bother you?”

“Well, I don’t exactly know, but look around you at the rest of these old people. They are happy watching TV, shooting pool, playing shuffle board and bingo. Get with the program, be old.”

“You know I don’t like that stuff!”

“Of course I know it, I am you, you know. I know you better than anyone else.”

“Well don’t tell anyone I talk to my self, Okay?”

“All right, go ahead, what do you think is in store for next year?”

“What about a trip to the Northeast?”

BARHARBOR TRIP 026

(Us and the boys at Bar Harbor)

“Again?”

“Yeah, stop by Lancaster maybe see the play, ‘Moses’ at Sight and Sound, then on up to the Catskills for a couple weeks. then over to Mass and up to  Kennebunk in Maine, Go to Nunans and eat a couple Lobsta.”

“Ah, so you  want to actually do some hiking, that is the main reason, other than some lobster! huh?”

BARHARBOR TRIP 069

(Mama and her boys on Cadillac Mountain, looking down on Bar harbor)

“Well since I mentioned it, we may as well hike a couple hundred miles, that would be fun.”

wilderness2 047

(Son Mark on the Hundred mile wilderness in Maine)

“I thought so. Now apologize for taking up these folks time.”

“I’m sorry folks, I just got carried away! It ain’t smart for me to think.”

Nite Shipslog

PS:

If we got one-tenth of what was promised to us in these State of the Union
speeches, there wouldn't be any inducement to go to heaven.
~Will Rogers~

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BARHARBOR TRIP 108BARHARBOR TRIP 111

Not sure what they are, I just liked them. We took them near Bar Harbor, ME

11 comments:

Rose said...

Enjoy your trip to the North East.............my favorite part of the world!

I'll be in New England for Xmas! Counting the days.

Hugs to my favorite couple.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
If ol' «Louis» started thinking, you'd smell the wood burning all the way to the East Coast!

The car at the top is a modified Ford Model T. The lower car is a Buick, but «Louis» isn't sure of the year.

Jackie said...

So blessed you both are that you are able to travel and see this great and beautiful world. I hope that your next trip is filled with wonder and excitement. Love to you both!
J.

Mevely317 said...


I've said it before (or HOPE, I have!!!) ... but you've a beautiful family, Jack.

Happy post-Thanksgiving and sweet dreams!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra

Dar said...

Sounds like a plan, a good plan. There's nothing wrong with thinking. I do it all the time but most of my thinking does not come to fruition.
Oh well, maybe next ' thought.'
Living Cold up North
I'm thankful for folks like you 2 added to our family.

shirl72 said...

I missed yesterday's blog and I am
thankful for You and Sherry..
I am very blessed and for that
I am thankful. I plan in my mind
and have to write it down so I
will remember what I planned.
Most are simple things to do.
Like you said we to enjoy the present and live day by day.

Paula said...

I think it's wonderful that you and Sherry keep thinking and planning for your next excursion. It's so much better then thinking about aches and pains and complaining about them to way some do.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You sure have had some great trips. It'll be interesting to see just what you come up with next. I know for the winter you like to be where it is warm and I can't blame you for that one. There is so much to see and do. We live in a beautiful country for sure. Thinking gets me in trouble, I try to do as little of it as possible.

betty said...

I think it is always good to make plans for the days ahead. Never too early to plan for where you might want to go or when you want to go. Gives you something to think about and talk about and if you are going to go hiking, gives you time to make sure you are in the shape you want to be for such an adventure :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

A little lobster is good for the belly. Looks like a fun trip.

Glenda said...

Jack, you and Sherry may age, but you will never be "old". Ain't happening brother!
I'd vote for the Northeast trip, history, incredible scenery, lots of memories including family, friends and achievements -- AND lobster, what's not to look forward to?
Just read your "thankfulness" entry and smiled, a read of the Shipslog is a great way to start my day...Hugs to you two from Chobee!