Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful in 2013? You Bet

There is not a person on this planet that could not complain if they so desired. But from my view point, in a comfortable home that rolls, I have a list of things to be thankful for that would take my entire evening to list.  But there are a few I will list. 

601471_422194461195757_884260662_n

These are in no wise the most important. Some are so personal I would not list them, they are mine and my wife’s to enjoy privately. But some have been so wonderful, I have to be thankful openly.

602682_389864454428758_1424591897_n

I have always been inquisitive and mischievous. At the age of 5 I learned to smoke rabbit tobacco. A wild weed in the south. I set a fire that could have taken our home and others. The fields burned, and some woods before all the country neighbors could get it put out. I’m thankful all I got was a switching. I am thankful no major damage was done.

fascination1

Like most children of my era, I had many accidents as a child that could have caused permanent damage, and didn’t. I’m thankful.

I had an accident in my beautiful ‘48 Chevy convertible rolling it over with my best friend in the front seat, neither of us was hurt. I am Thankful that he and I both have grown and are healthy.

AWE222

I am primarily THANKFUL FOR SHERRY, the dream I married she has made me the happiest guy alive. I am thankful for a healthy family, and the love that we share.

I am so thankful for the handful of personal friends I have and know if I need them they will be there. They know the same.

Thankful, yes I am thankful for the medium of the internet that allows me to say in writing how I feel. Thankful for you who will take the time to read this. You guys will never know just how thankful I am that out electronic paths crossed. I have learned so much from you guys. One could spend a lot of time here, you guys are sweet.

what a farm

Not many men blog, but I meet them thru you ladies as you talk about the men in your lives, those guys are lucky, most of them know it.

On the lighter side, I am thankful I do not have to carry a comb in my back pocket anymore, you know, they are so heavy.Winking smile

What a night

Sherry and I both are thankful for all God has allowed us to see in this wonderful WORLD. I am always amazed at the beauty and sheer magnitude of this creation.

Am I thankful, YES, A MILLION TIMES YES.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

GIVE THANKS FOR ALL HE HAS DONE!

GIVE THANKS…..

************************************************

WOW, I am also glad for all the engineering that allowed Auto makers to thrill my youth…

1954_Hudson_Jet_Liner_4d_sdn_-_fvr

1954 Hudson Jet

1954_Mercury_Sun_Valley_blue-e

1954 Merc

1948-chevy-100177

My  1948

1954Met

I also had two of these.

There are thousands of cars from all countries, that I love to see. some I would never have seen, if not for the internet. Yes I am thankful for the brilliant people who make this possible, their dreams never stop!

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I enjoyed reading your thankful list. Hope you are enjoying this Thanksgiving holiday.

Louis la Vache said...

What a wonderful Thanksgivng post, Jack!

*

The Jet: the car that sank Hudson...

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Enjoy!

Chatty Crone said...

I am thankful for our friendship. You mean you started a fire at age 5 and smoked?
Happy Thanksgiving!
Have a great one.
sandie

Melanie said...

Hope you and Sherrie had a blessed day!!


Melanie

betty said...

That was a great list of thankfuls, Jack. It is amazing to look back over our lives and see God's hand on it with the things that he has protected us from.

I'm sure Sherry's thankful list would include being thankful for you too :)

Hope you guys had a nice day!

betty

salemslot9 said...

happy thanksgiving, Jack :)