Friday, November 22, 2013

The Sugar high….

I was asked once if I had ever experienced a sugar high?  “Are you crazy? I experience that all the time. “

“Don’t you know that is bad for you?”

“Why?”

“There is a danger of Diabetes, and actually poisoning your system.”

“You mean kissing Sherry will do all that to me, don’t you dare tell her. because I get higher than this!

734334_428027320612471_638098447_n

or this, on her sugar!”

602837_389027871179083_1438248715_n

 

Everyone has heard of the sugar high? Makes kids go wild? Not so. I have questioned that for years.  I have said over and over as we have hiked hundreds of miles, if I eat a candy bar I DONOT feel more energy. It is in the mind.

Some things are in your head, so I guess if the worry is relieved, things need to be done. So don’t allow the kids to eat sugar before bed, it ain’t good for them anyway. Sherry and I are  gonna be careful with our next child.Ghost

I have always been told that to save body heat you should wear a hat (especially if you are bald like some folk Angry smile) because heat escapes from your head.  Now some Medical University study has proven that false.

026

This was Stella’s hat.

Funny we humans believe what we want to when we hear the results of some study, and it is according to how we feel whether we believe or ignore it. Personally I will ignore the heat/head thing and believe that there is no such thing as a sugar high, because I never believed it anyway. Winking smile

017 - Copy

This is Slim’s hat he wears trapping, he let me use it for a photo op in front of Sam’s bear. (Slim is Mel (Up North with Mel)’s husband.

007

(Dat’s Slim, do you ever feel little? LOL I enjoyed talking to Slim and BIL Bill, they are like the girls they married, they know every thing about the woods)

038a

This ‘un is Bill, I seldom saw him w/o a hat but Darla says he still has a ‘part’.

Of course I am an odd ball, Coffee doesn’t keep me awake either, I can sleep beside a whole pot of it (with or without a hat on).

Just feeling great right now, I love it when all is well and I am not saying bad words. To quote the boomer, ‘Life is good, or is it a Gift?”

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I
will stop telling the truth about them.
~Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952~

*********************************************************

1952 Siata Daina Gran Sport Barchettaimage021MA27431485-0025

This could be a 1952 Pontiac

11 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

CityBoy drinks coffee all day and can fall asleep at the drop of a hat...HA!!!

Elizabeth said...

I drink coffee all day and does not keep me awake either,but when I began teaching preschool,I changed my mind about sugar and only let them have it at the end of the day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Neither coffee nor sugar have any adverse effect on me I sleep well no matter but I do think keeping my hat on outside in the winter does keep me warmer. If my head and my feet are warm, then so am I it seems. I loved Stella's hats and I'm sure Sherry must be pretty sweet on you too!

shirl72 said...

The sayings have all been proven
as myths by several Doctor's study. These things get started and we all need an excuse for our behavior. i wonder what happen to me today. I have raked leaves, went to the grocery store and now under the hair dryer. I didn't have any sugar. I think I am trying to get ahead for Thanksgiving. I will be very busy next week.

Dar's family appears to be well-rounded folk. I know you enjoyed
meeting them.



Lucy said...

If you lived in cold country I bet you would cover your ----head. It is cold here today and Spunky has a shaved hip and rear on one side and he thinks it is colder than heck. You have your sugar high with you all the time.

Jean said...

I never believed in a sugar high we didn't have any problems with our children when they were growing up, but with some of the grands and greatgrands I've changed my mind. Lol. Wearing a hat and going barefoot when it was cold never hurt me when I was growing up I don't remember ever being sick with a cold back then, but now I have I think it's from trying to keep from getting cold. Maybe. Lol. Take care. Jean

TARYTERRE said...

I'm borderline diabetic depending on what I eat and weigh.

Paula said...

John is having to check his blood every morning now and watch what he eats. Therfore I am trying to do likewise. Sure is hard for people who are used to eating what they want as in POTATOES and PASTA. How do you cook or eat without them?

Jackie said...

You, Jack, are one happy camper!!
And I love that.
Yes, I do!!
Hugs,
J.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee... OK, try this test: 5# of sugar in one pot of coffee while wearing a hat and sitting out in 32º weather...

The sports car is a SIATA. «Louis» isn't sure if the Pontiac is a '51 or '52.

betty said...

I love Stella's hat. Its funny because what they say one day, they'll change the next day; sugar is good for you; sugar is bad for you; coffee is bad for you; coffee is good for you. I think they have no idea what they are talking about but like to hear themselves talk. I think the Bible says it best "all things in moderation" (and that includes being out on a rock on a high ledge; that is definitely not moderation in my book :)

betty