Saturday, August 19, 2017

Enjoying Quinby




A truth some Adults have learned:
1.      Families are like fudge... mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
2.      Wrinkles DO NOT HURT!

TODAY….  (Pictures from the RV Park)



Oh man, if I had some inspiration to continue on a book, this would be a great place to write.  Imma trying for the IDEA, it just ain’t appearing.


It is a frustration to this would be writer to have three books started and not be thrilled with either of them.  I gotta enjoy it or it just is no fun.

I just finished John Grisham’s “Rogue Lawyer” he is always a good read.  I have a bad habit of having two (or three) books in the process of reading. After finishing Grisham I have two Westerns one just started the other about half read. The one that gets the hook the deepest gets finished first. This time it was Grisham.


 Looking down the shore line to the pool and pier area.



 The wind was up when the pictures were taken.

I used my cheap zoom to bring in the islands you can  barely see on the horizon.

Nite Shipslog
                     '55 Dodge above and '55 Plymouth below
 The beginning of the wrap around windshield era!

9 comments:

jack69 said...

On a clear day we can see the outer Islands to the East. The settlement of Quinby is about 6-7 miles away!

Mevely317 said...

Not that I'd know (lol) ... but don't go forcing your muse!
I'm always impressed when someone is reading more than one book at a time. My mind never did work well in stereo.

This choppy water makes me want to grab a sweater. I'd love to see it someday in person!

Chatty Crone said...

I would love to see that area Jack. And I too read multiple books at a time. There are different types of books - but I do a chapter or two a day. Then switch and then a magazine too!

Lisa said...

Wrinkles tickle.

Short on words
Lisa

betty said...

Nice place you are staying at! I read one book at a time (except for my daily Bible reading then its two during that time). If I did two at a time I might have trouble keeping the two of them separate and confusing plots :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

With all the experiences you have had and are still having, I'm sure some inspiration will soon come for a new book for you. Meanwhile relax and enjoy your reading. I've been inspired by many a good book. New ideas come our way in the most unexpected ways. I love all the pictures of where you are staying. Lots to see and enjoy for sure !

Rick Watson said...

I want to write a book of fiction and I have two or three projects started but none of them have gotten traction yet. Sometimes a change of scenery works for me.

Dar said...

I'd just shared with my daughter while talking about our own family members who'd served, the fact that you were in 3 branches of service in your lifetime. Perhaps write about it. I know it would interest your readers, oh talented one. I am enjoying the salt air through your travels and love the trip through your words and pictures. I can tell you are enjoying your stay.
love n' hugs from up north where we will have overcast weather and rain, inhibiting our view of the eclipse tomorrow. Let us know what you experience.

TARYTERRE said...

so nice for you to be so close to the shoreline. reading is always gratifying. good for you reading more than one book at a time.