Wednesday, August 16, 2017

(NOT Atlantic) We are on Hog Island Bay.. FIRE.. Breaking news incident



FACTS LITTLE CHILDREN HAVE LEARNED:
You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
           ******    *********
I didn’t mention in the last blog entry that the toll for the Coach and tow vehicle was $31.  I had tried to figure it from the toll schedule (RV’s are not listed) and the lowest I could figure was $32.  So we came out better than I thought.

(Home for a couple weeks, the bay is behind us)



I must apologize also, I thought we would be Ocean front, but we are on ‘Hog Island Bay’.  There are another line of islands about 20 miles out(Hog Island is one of them), we cannot see them, but they must break the waves. So far we have not seen a beach either, it is mostly Grass shoreline.  It is very pretty, but still grass. Not mowing grass, or smoking grass, but sea grass 2 to 4 feet tall.

There appears to be two places to fish.  We really do want to try our luck to get some fresh fish.  We do not need license as long as we are not in a boat the Ranger says.





If I remember right we used mostly squid or shrimp for bait in salt water. We fished a lot in Key West. Love those Grouper and Snapper. This is actually a beautiful place. They must mow 40 acres here, the site is huge.  However, evidently at one time, it was ‘The Place’. VERY few RV’s here now. There are more permanent RV’s and Houses. Evidently they have sold lots because some of these houses are huge.

    (That line in the distance above the grass is the Bay. Can you see the very light rainbow?)







 (That is the pool in the distance, that is very far out compared to most RV parks, one pier is just past the pool)

It is pretty far off the beaten path. We are actually at the end of the ‘Upshur Neck Road’. Our GPS would not except the address, but did get us to Upshur Neck, so we knew it was on this road.

They have a huge pool and a couple piers. I miss our ‘Fold a Bote’ and fold a trailer. This place would be ideal for it.

We are looking forward to finding some of the local corn forsale.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by this Gypsy site. The Eastern Shore is a new area for us, sort of a kick to see a new place. The older we get, the fewer NEW places we see.

JUST IN THIS MORNING: 

 Son Mark was in Okeechobee assisting a friend in remodeling when

 his truck burned. No one was injured but the truck is a total loss:














Nite Shipslog

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

It looks like a nice area where you are - but I know you would like to see the ocean. Kind of calm tho. Was that your son's truck that burned? That is awful - sorry. sandie

Back Porch Writer said...

Enjoy your stay there. Sorry about your sons truck. How scary!

Mevely317 said...

Your temporary neighborhood looks darn refreshing!

I'm stunned and saddened by Mark's incident. Thank God no-one was injured! You know I'm thinking Janie-the-dog.

betty said...

Oh my gosh about the truck!! Glad no one was injured, but now to deal with insurance, etc.

Seems like such a lovely spot you and Sherry are staying at with lots of things to explore. Enjoy!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

sad about your son's truck. looks like you found a great place to hang your hat for a couple weeks. enjoy. the corn in those parts from what i remember is called silver queen. it is mighty good too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you found someplace new to visit. Your new place does look nice. I can only imagine the feel of the ocean breezes as they blow off the bay. Nice too you have a pier to fish from. Haven't had fresh caught fish in ages and ages. Terrible news about your son's truck. Hope he has good insurance.

Dar said...

I loved the pictures of your NEW home for a while. Even with the scary, to me, tunnel ride to get there. lol. I can almost smell the salt air. Best of luck landing a lunker to eat. It's been a while since Bill and I have fished and we love fresh fish. It's been eons tho, since having 'fresh' sea fish of any kind. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Sorry too, about Mark's truck but so glad no one was hurt.

shirl72 said...

I am very sorry about Mark's truck. I guess I have been busy and need to catch up on your blog and World Affairs. Sometime I think the World is passing me by...Maybe that is age????????????????????