Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Catching that curve
Early Florida Steam Boat
Life is unpredictable. The sewer pump that I thought I had fixed, ‘ain’t’! I have the new pump, but there is a leak somewhere in the lines.
My Sister’s MRI was today. I expected a smooth day and stop for Ice cream at Dairy Queen. However, She is pretty strong headed and just as she was to enter the MRI head first she said, “I want out!” The technician came out to get me. As we neared the machine he stopped me to remove my hearing aids. When he learned I have Cochlear implants I could not get near the machine. No amount of cajoling or encouragement would work. Out in the waiting room we talked and she said OK I will do it. It messed with the schedule of the crew, but they did it and found something.
Her Dr. called the EMS and got her to the emergency room. After a lot of tests she is in the hospital to talk to more specialists. She called Sherry just after we started home and said she is coming home in the morning, she doesn’t need this. I just answered the phone again and she needs to be released, or a comb to comb her hair.
The technician said the leak was small, and it was caught early. A statement & question. When Shirl refused the MRI, the tech first asked if I had power of atty. I have complete power of atty. He said you can tell me to continue.
I told him, no way would I go against her will even though she is having ‘cognizant problems.’
Now the bigger question. If they want her to remain in the hospital for further tests and she had rather come on home because she is sure she does not need them. I will probably suggest she stay but give in is she is adamant. NOW the biggie: If they suggest an operation on her brain to ‘fix’ this leak and she does not want it. I am about sure my answer would be, OKAY.
In my heart I think it is BEST to do the tests and even surgery, but I still cannot go against her will.
Be honest, what would you decide?
1960 El Camino Chevy