But for today!
Sherry read to me, "It is a medical fact that eating nuts of any variety will prevent a fib!" (A-Fib)
I said that is not so. I had a friend who continually ate peanuts and was forever telling fibs!
Hope you all are beginning to see spring. North Carolina is beautiful this time of the year.
We are making some progress, however Fishing & other things is not great, but we are working on it.
North Carolina facts (since we are here)
1. Mount Mitchell in the Blue Ridge Mountains is the highest peak east of the Mississippi. It towers 6,684 feet above sea level.
2. Krispy Kreme Doughnut was founded in Winston-Salem.
3. The Venus Fly-Trap is native to Hampstead.
4. The first miniature golf course was built in Fayetteville.
5. Babe Ruth hit his first home run in Fayetteville on March 7, 1914.
6. Winston-Salem was created when the two towns Winston and Salem combined.
7. The Biltmore Estate in Ashville is America's largest home, and includes a 255-room chateau, an award-winning winery and extensive gardens.
8. The first English child born in America was born in Roanoke in 1587. Her name was Virginia Dare.
9. The Lost Colony Outdoor Drama in Albemarle commemorates the birth of Virginia Dare. Scheduled to run just one year, it proved so successful that it has played for nearly sixty consecutive summers.
10.The first state owned art museum in the country is located in Raleigh.
Waldensian Sunbeam Bakery Truck in Valdese, NC
Loving that railroad watch, Jack! We're thinking of y'all .....with lots of love.
It is good that you are working on things, hoping the fishing gets better! But at least you didn't lose your sense of humor, cute joke you told back about friends and fibs :)
Glad to hear that about eating nuts. I just bought some at Walmart last night. Now if I can just keep from telling fibs. Interesting facts, I enjoyed reading them.
glad to hear that about n
We eat a lot of nuts around here but then we Are a lot nuts... Hope the
' fishing ' improves. All your warm weather and sunshine may help. Always interesting facts about NC. and here I always thought the Venus Fly-Trap plant was native to the tropics. Who knew, til now. Continued prayers, love n' hugs from up north where we continue to help our SIL empty her storage buildings. It'll take a while
We have lots of nuts here and lots of fibs - lol - just kidding.
I have friends in Cary NC - dear friends of about 40 years - do you live near that?
I hope all is okay.
We just had a new Krispy Kreme open here. I didn't know that the Krispy Kreme Doughnut was founded in Winston-Salem.
That joke about the nuts and fibs did make me smile this morning. Any little progress made is a good thing. Fishing and other things will improve too, sometimes it just takes time. I always try to remember that with God all things are possible. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, Spring is here and oddly enough we are to see upper 70's today and maybe 80 tomorrow. That won't last but all off 2 days then we'll be back to our normal 60's. But the warmth should finally cause the buds to pop and the trees will once again have leaves. Looking at pictures from this time last year. The trees were already green. We are behind but will soon catch up.
Another good one! Have always wanted to tour the Biltmore estate, lots of hustory in NC. Hoping you're gonna have a great week!!!
while you're out there fishing, it's good to know you haven't lost your sense of humor. hang in there.
Hi Jack and Sherry :) I can't wait to start fishing! We still have a good few weeks before the lakes are thawed out though. We still have snow, but it's melting fast. We're just working on prepping the garden and yard so we'll be all ready to plant when the weather is warmer!
My friend Josephine Andrews, wife of former Yankee pitcher Ivy Paul Andrews had a Christmas card sent to her by Babe Ruth from Japan after WWII when he was there promoting baseball.
Hi, Im a new follower on your blog from gfc ...
I hope you will be back ...
Post a Comment