The Historic Belmont Abbey, Belmont, NC
Amazing how fast priorities change in life. Tonight will be the second night in the hospital for Shirl. It started with a routine test.... to a hospital room. It is sorta unique since Shirl, like all of our family was born at home. She is now 82 and never spent the night in a hospital as a patient. She holds the record in our family. Now I have a shot of catching her, I have never spent the night in a hospital.
Shirl has had a terrible time adjusting to calling someone to assist her to the toilet. She is not used to all the questions and visits by different staff members.
She had a little more bad news today. A blood clot attached to the wall of the heart. Still no surgery suggested. At this point they plan to try to handle it with blood thinners and cholesterol meds along with her blood pressure meds. She hopes for release tomorrow.
Still trying to ‘hit’ this curve that has been thrown.
One sort of silly thing is she cannot accept that TV channels can be different than she has had for many years. She is upset that channel 4 is NOT channel 4! LOL
Let's look at sewer pumpers since that is where I am lately!
And then there is:
North Carolina facts (since we are here)
- The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is the oldest State University in the United States.
- In 1903 the Wright Brothers made the first successful powered flight by man at Kill Devil Hill near Kitty Hawk. The Wright Memorial at Kitty Hawks now commemorates their achievement.
- High Point is known as the Furniture Capital of the World.
- Known as "Fish Town" in the early 1700's when Blackbeard frequented the coast, "Beaufort Town" was established as a seaport with the right to collect customs, in 1722.
- The Outer Banks of NC hosts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.