Sunday, November 7, 2021

On the Road


 Memorable car of the day:

    

Buddy's Mustang. He declares it changed colors according to how the light hit it.
I never owned a Mustang, but always admired the guy behind the design. Lee Iacocca. One smart dude. To his credit is the 'STANG' and the Mini Van that was all the rage for many years.
                                                                                
For today:

As I type this our refrigerator here in the house is empty except for a container of Hershey Milk Choc Syrup and a container of Sherbet and one or Vanilla.  Everything else is down in the Coach refer waiting for us. They will be the last to leave the house after our snacks. Sherry again noticed we had 4 containers of ice cream in the freezer compliments of my mis-use of the self-check out at the grocery store. LOL

If the coach starts we should be on the road as you read this.  We do plan to stop tonight at an RV Park to overnight so we can pull into our lot in Florida in the daylight on Tuesday.

 

Driving the coach is much easier than a car, the view is better making reaction time better. The driver’s seat is like a lounge chair and very comfortable.

Janie, Mark's Bull dog, likes the driver's seat. She says the view is good... And also good to sleep in.

 WE were getting ready yesterday and Sherry sat down on the couch and said, “I miss this being our home!”  We both do.

We are towing the Honda. We have a rearview camera on it at all times to monitor and make sure it is towing properly. Our generator is running to keep the Residential Refrigerator we had installed, there for we have 120v electric avail if we want to make coffee or use the computer.

Anyway, we should be on the road and hopefully by our stop on Monday night I will have the PC’s set up in the coach for communications. We will probably stop somewhere in Georgia or just inside the Florida line.

Thanks for stopping by, we appreciate having you along.


 Nite Shipslog

PS:

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you have a safe and happy trip. Good to know you are on your way to the sunny and warmer south. I only wish I could do that myself. It's getting colder here day by day and I don't like being cold at all. Enjoy and be happy for the sunshine !

Mevely317 said...

Prayers for travel mercies! I'm so happy for the two of you, back where your hearts feel at 'home.'

With Tom's pain challenges, I doubt there's any road trips to be had in our foreseeable future -- so I appreciate the opportunity to tag along with y'allvicariously.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I have a car which changes colour depending on whether I wash it or not.

Wishing you a happy holiday with plenty of sunshine and relaxation. Enjoy yourselves and have fun. Bon voyage.

Over here it is freezing cold today. And so damp we have a rainbow in the kitchen.

God bless you both.

Unknown said...

So happy you were finally able to get on the road. Safe travels to you both. God bless.