Saturday, April 28, 2012

Building is not the only thing going on around here!

Friday was Sherry’s Great Grandmother’s day. Sherece brought the newest GGrand daughter STELLA down for a visit:
Sherry's Day, Stella Reece & family 001
What a thrill. She is so sweet.  Later Vickie
Sherry's Day, Stella Reece & family 010
Our Niece brought Brooklyn (Our great great niece) over.  And to make the day better,
Sherry's Day, Stella Reece & family 002
Our good friend Evelyn and niece Brenda came aboard.
Sherry's Day, Stella Reece & family 016
Grandpa Mark quit work to say hello to Stella!
Sherry's Day, Stella Reece & family 021
To sweeten the pot Shirl dropped by to see me, well she claimed it was to see Stella and Brooklyn, but we all know the truth. LOL
The motor home was room for all to chat and tell stories, or what ever women do when they get together.  I have to admit, when I stepped in to speak to Stella, she started crying, scared me and I left! (She is a beautiful and sweet baby!)
Sherry Stell 2
And to top the day off Sherry got to hold Stella until she dropped off to sleep.
Sherry Stella 1
Then play with her when she was a wake.
Great Grandma was thrilled with her visitors and her day!!!
Thanks for reading the log
Nite Shipslog
PS:  More Church Bulletin Bloopers (thanks Shirl)
Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again," giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
--------------------------
Scanoldpic8 016
This beautiful young lady was today’s Great Grandma with her first child on a beautiful 1955 Ford!!!!

12 comments:

Paula said...

What a nice visit you all had. Didn't look crowded at all.

shirl72 said...

We had a good time taking turns holding both Babies. All the ladies had a good talk also going over old times and new. Good time was had by all very enjoyable..

Shirl

TARYTERRE said...

Great grandmother is in her element holding that precious baby. Women always have a GOOD time when they gather together. Looks like everyone got lots of smiles and hugs in. Take care.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I can imagine it was a great time. Baby holding is one of my favorite things to do and I got some special time in with a few of mine yesterday too. Not only did we have a baby shower for my daughter but celebrated a birthday of one of my granddaughters too! We had rain mixed with snow here yesterday. This next week we are to be back in the 70's. I can hear my camper calling my name...Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

DD said...

Looks like the perfect get-together. The pictures are so nice. The babies are precious! Great post, as usual.
Sherry is a beautiful Grandmother.

Helen said...

Looks as if a lot of company dropped in yesterday. Sweet babies to their older kin. Sherry is a good baby holder. Anyway it looks like all had a good day.Good picture of Sherry and the little one sitting on thae car.

Anonymous said...

My friend, you inhabit your retirement years with such aplomb.
~Mary

Bookncoffee said...

Wow you had quite the party going on. Had we been there, we'd have cooked up a good meal for ya'll. lol You know us. You gotta come see the BIG GULF size shrimp we had last night. (on blog).

Talk to you later. Gotta go to the grocery. Katy and I just did a 1.5 mile walk. The girl was ready to quit before me. NOw how's that? I'm proud. lol

Jean said...

What a beautiful g-grand baby you and Sherry have there. Great pictures. Take care, Jean.

Ken Riches said...

Looks like a joyous visit.

Chatty Crone said...

Looks like you had a lot of women hormones going in there - lol - but lots of love and all that pink - I have all blue! sandie

Louis la Vache said...

Ah! That photo of the '55 Ford brings back memories of the distinctive sound of that Y-block Ford V8...
;-D