Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter…….EGGS!

Easter time is very sacred  for Christians. We Christians usually go to church Christmas and Easter if we do not go any other time. I respect that, and this entry in no way disparages that.

From my prospective as a child, I LOVED Easter. This boy loved boiled eggs. I also loved hunting them.  I believe it is a SIN to use plastic eggs, no bunny ever laid plastic eggs (LOL).  You ever try to salt one of them dudes and eat it, no way. 

Dying-Easter-Eggs-easter-11140859-400-473

I never believed bunnies laid eggs real or plastic, I never saw the correlation between the two.  I spent a little time in the country growing up and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt, Chickens ‘laid them eggs’!

Dying-Easter-Eggs-easter-11140861-520-390

At Easter mama seldom cracked an egg boiling them, but when she did, little Jackie got that egg and immediately went for the salt shaker. My mama had a ‘second sense’, she always boiled enough for someone who did not have any Easter Eggs. We never had fancy baskets, any basket was good.

Dying-Easter-Eggs-easter-11140863-490-500

Did you color eggs? We did, that was fun. I loved the little magic crayon, you could draw or write on the egg before it was dyed, and when dyed your art came out.

Dying-Easter-Eggs-easter-11140864-425-270

Deciding color schemes was fun.  Then later  some little transfer figures came with the dye that you could add to the egg, it was all fun. BUT the most fun was the Egg Hunt! I loved that.  We got to keep the eggs we found, what we didn’t eat, was taken home for deviled egg sandwiches. I got mad at the eggs that didn’t peel easy!

picDstRZN

Deviled Egg sandwich, now was that a contradiction? We celebrated Jesus coming out of the Tomb with the egg, which symbolized ‘New Life’, then made ‘deviled egg sandwiches’ out of the eggs.  I really don’t think Jesus cared, it just seemed funny to me.  Maybe that was OK because we mashed the egg up really bad.  Maybe that was why I was so mischievous, I ate too many deviled eggs!!!

picD5Aora

Thanks for coming by the log, and Have a great Easter Seaosn.

Nite Shipslog

PS:   A child’s point of view:

Jesus  had twelve opossums.
The worst one was Judas Asparagus. Judas was so evil that they named a terrible vegetable after him.

Jesus was a great man. He healed many leopards and even preached to some Germans on the Mount.


But the Democrats and all those guys put Jesus on trial before Pontius the Pilot. Pilot didn't stick up for Jesus. He just washed his hands instead.


Anyways, Jesus died for our sins, then came back to life again. He went up to Heaven but will be back at the end of the Aluminum.

His return is foretold in the book of Revolution.

(Thanks Shirl)

+*********************************************+

800px-1953_mg_td_arp

But you have to admit this is one heavenly car

12 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

What a great post!
Wishing you and Sherry a wonderful Easter loaded with love.
'love & hugs from afar'

Anonymous said...

The last time I painted eggs I tie dyed them, complete with T-shirt.
;) Happy Easter to both of you.
Love,
Mary.

shirl72 said...

I always loved to make Easter
Baskets and dye eggs-- what fun.

I love the way the Children
interpret the Bible. Very good
time to use the sayings. I remember Kat taking some small
children that had never been to
Church. When they returned home
their Mother ask how did you like
Church? The little boy said "it was good, Moses played the piano
and Jesus led the singing". I don't
think I will ever forget that.
It is funny but sad.

Have a Happy Easter.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

My son can't wait for Easter to arrive, next week. Please have you all a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Louis la Vache said...

What a lovely MG!

Easter Blessings to you!

DD said...

I remember that little wax crayon type marker that came with a package of egg coloring supplies. :). I loved writing names with it!
Very good Easter message.
Happy Easter.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I got to watch one of my little grandson's color eggs for the first time last night...sure brought back memories of when my own were little. Today they all had an egg hunt at one of my son's house, but they hunted for the plastic kind with candy inside. Was a beautiful sunny day in the low 50's here. Happy Easter to you both!

Paula said...

One day last week the rehab center where I am visiting my friend most days had scattered the plastic eggs all over the lawn. It did look very pretty with the sun shining on them. The next day I was told they let kids pick them up and let the patients who were able watch from the shady porch.

betty said...

The secret to getting an egg to peel good is to run it under lots of cold water after it is done cooking; something about that makes it easy to peel; works every time here :)

Haven't dyed eggs in years after the kids out grew it but always enjoy an egg salad sandwich :)

Hoping you and Sherry have a great Easter!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

It's after 4 in the morning and my hubby and I just finished dying and decorating hard boiled eggs. We do it every year. TRADITION here. I took photos every step of the way. Then I got online and saw your wonderful post. Made me smile. Loved hearing you tell about the eggs, seeing the pics, especially that sandwich. HAPPY EASTER Jack and Sherry.

Y said...

You were always thinking, weren't you? I love your "deviled" egg quandary.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love your Easter Eggs!The egg salad looks delish! The child's perspective on the gospel is very funny !