Sunday, April 1, 2012

Little things mean a lot

Oh, I know only the older folk would remember that song by Kitty Kallen:

Blow me a kiss from across the room

Say I look nice when I'm not

Touch my hair as you pass my chair

Little things mean a lot

Give me your arm as we cross the street

Call me at six on the dot

A line a day when you're far away

Little things mean a lot

Don't have to buy me diamonds or pearls Champagne, sables, and such

I never cared much for diamonds and pearls

'cause honestly, honey, they just cost money

Give me a hand when I've lost the way

Give me your shoulder to cry on

Whether the day is bright or gray

Give me your heart to rely on

Send me the warmth of a secret smile

To show me you haven't forgot

For now and forever, that's always and ever

Honey, little things mean a lot
Copied from MetroLyrics.com

That was one of our love songs when we were dating. Kitty sang this in 1954. It was #1 in the UK.

But it is so true little things mean a lot in this life. Folks you have known that just gave a word of encouragement;  a pat on the back or just a smile. We humans thrive off the little things. Even on an internet Blog, you can get a kick out of little things.

So thanks for the notes, e-mails etc. we have received in the last couple days. This is not a major thing, but being off line, is not normal for me. Now this is my major form of communications. Typing and reading.

Thanks and also thanks for taking the time to read much of my nonsense.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Let me tell you about my doctor:

He gave a patient six months to live. At the end of the six months, the patient hadn't paid his bill, so, the doctor gave him another six months.

------------------------------

While he was talking to me, his nurse came in and said, "Doctor, there is a man here who thinks he's invisible." The doctor said, "Tell him I can't see him."

*************************************************

1947-Bentley_Red-white_sf

1947 Bentley, what a beauty from the UK

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm old enough to remember that song. Little things do mean a lot. It's encouraging to know that someone cares enough to leave a comment or send an email. It's been a little warmer here with rain on and off. At least we don't have frost warnings for tonight anyway. Hope your Sunday has been and continues to be a great one!

betty said...

I haven't heard that song, Jack; but I did like reading the lyrics; what a cute love song for Sherry and you! I also liked the doctor joke, LOL. I do so agree about words of encouragement, even if we can't say them to a person in person, we can say it over the internet; for someone that works at home like I do, it is a great way to connect with people we may never meet this side of eternity (but what a party on the other side when we all get there :)

betty

shirl72 said...

I remember the song very meaningful.Don't want my diamond to be little. LOL Need more than
a little money just kidding the
song is right a litte attention
can make a good day. A Little word
of encorgement, a little hug, a little kiss and a little be of
chocolate. LOL

Shirl

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE that song. Makes me smile. Simple pleasures fill my heart with joy. Missed you while you were gone Jack. things were just NOT the same without you. Glad you are back. Now things can get back to normal. LOL Now if I could just find out how LUCY is since her operation??? Do you know anything? Take care.

Fred Alton said...

Sorry to see you are still having troubles with internet connection. I've been out myself ... just feeling like a little sick puppy... but I'm comin'
back! BTW - your nonsensical stuff always makes sense to me. ☺