Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rain and indoor flight training!

Material got here before the rain, and I was able to get it covered up.

clean & material 004

I am shooting from the shelter, it is raining in this shot.

I have been cleaning up a little in the edge of the woods and burning limbs and vines. Did I say we had huge vines?  These are not the largest:

clean & material 001clean & material 002clean & material 003

The ones on the left are nearly 6” in diameter and climbing on the right.

Bird sanctuary. I have been kicked out of my shed by mama and daddy doing some flight training.

clean & material 005

I left the door open as you can see across the car. One of the parents flew into the glass door. I had a talk with them about their dangerous flying, then left it open.

001

This is the view from my computer seat. They are flying back and forth past the door and I cannot catch them. This is good entertainment. It is neat to have an indoor area in the rain to train. 

They even run across the floor but will not pose for anything.

Well back later. I hope I am able to meet the family before they leave. I am not sure if they rent or lease the nest area. They built on my scrub brushes so I have not been able to use them.

More on the continuing Wren  flight training in my front yard here out back.

Thanks for taking the time to read this mess.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."Tacitus (He was one smart dude!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1941 Graham Hollywood

1942 Graham, this one is for sale only $79,900.00.  I don’t think I will get it this week. haha. A friend sent me 64 pictures of Jay Leno’s cars. WOW, he must have several warehouses and a billion dollars tied up in cars. (This is not his, I just thought of Jay’s cars and motorcycles!)

11 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Those silly wrens. Guess birds will be birds. Sorry the weather rained on your parade. The work can wait. Sounds like you have plenty of entertainment. take care.

Paula said...

Sounds like the best entertainment you could have.

Paula said...

Oh if it rains tomorrow and you have lots of time on your hands you can study the birds and then give each a name that fits. lol

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I know the rain dampened your plans for today but sounds like you were thoroughly entertained anyway!
Glad you got it covered though so everything will be dry and ready for you when the rain stops. I spent the day painting our patio...It is done and so am I...done for that is. No rain here.

shirl72 said...

Wait until they start teaching them to fly that is a hoot. Glad
you got your material covered.

Tomorrow will be OK I don't think
it is going to rain but will be
back for the week-end. Good Luck

Shirl

Debbie said...

It always scares me when birds hit a window. As dirty as the windows are right now I don't think they'll have any problems until I finally get around to washing them. Enjoy your time watching the wrens.

Love ya
Debbie

Chatty Crone said...

How fascinating - and you are like the honorary grandfather! lol Hope you can build tomorrow, sandie

Anonymous said...

Good for you and your birds! I think a black snake got my bluebirds. I have a birdhouse on a cedar post in the back yard that is just too easy for the snakes to climb. I have a birdhouse on a metal pole in the front. Maybe I need to sacrifice the rustic beauty of the post and get a metal or plastic pipe.

It doesn't take birds long at all to learn to fly so enjoy it while you can.

betty said...

Ouch with the bird flying into the glass; that inevitably happens, doesn't it? Hoping all was well with it! Glad you could cover the materials before the rain hit. Koda spent the day glued to hubby as he (Koda) was afraid of all the noise with the roof; it made a challenging day for all; at least two more days.........

betty

Louis la Vache said...

That Graham is built on the body shell and frame of the 1936-1937 Cord 810/812, and looked as good in 1942 as it did when originally introduced as the Cord. The Cord was one of the most influential car designs of the 20th century. It was designed by Gordon Buehrig, who later worked with Bob Bourke of Studebaker Starliner fame on the 1949 Ford.

Louis la Vache said...

oops! «Louis» meant to give you the link to a story about Gordon Buehrig".