Thursday, July 28, 2016

The ‘Different Sale’



Realtor, Kathi got this e-mail about a house we like:

e-mail:
I just talked to investor and she sent me an email. Here is what she said:
Yes, buyer pays all closing costs, MLS price $59k. …. No worries about taxes, any unpaid taxes are paid by "seller" at closing. No survey, no inspection, any liens or costs attached to the title are handled by seller at closing. Closing is on Friday, July 28th. We are an Investment Company on Contract with the owner. After the showing, if you want to move forward, we sign on ""our"" contract, a $2,500 escrow wire deposit to our title company, I will get you a HUD to reflect all closing costs

I had to ask specific questions because I have dealt with type of transaction before.
Let me see if I can nail down a time……….
***********   **********   **********
Keep in mind the 28th closing date would be 2 days after we look at the house. No survey, no inspections.


We have NEVER dealt with this type of sale… BUT… We were leaning to sign, UNTIL WE LOOKED AT THE HOUSE AND LEARNED THAT THE OWNER WOULD GET A PERIOD OF TIME TO SELL HER HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND LOOK FOR A PLACE TO MOVE TO.

Okay to the house. Remember my new friend Ray, This is my new friend Irene. Not as talkative at Ray and not quite as much ‘stuff’ (but close). She also has a ‘Giant Pit Bull’. Imma thinking Irene isn’t getting ready to move. If we own it, she could stay there until evicted at ‘our’ cost.


House is okay and RV fits. House needs some work, it is a 3BR  1 bath (but I see where I can put a 2nd bath). Do we want it, Yes!


Kathi is good. The investor was wide open, on reasons to close immediately, but our lady stayed right with her……………. ½ hour later: Kathi finally cuts in: “I recommend the Darnell’s only purchase an empty house, the results are just too dicey.”  Kathi prevailed, and we signed a contract for $55K and we pay closing.  Irene and pit to vacate before next Friday and close then.



Not a super price, because it will take some work and the average house in this neighborhood is $70K, but it is in the money and house range we were shooting for.

Nite Shipslog
PS:  In my opinion, our new friend Irene is not about to move. She has signs outside to sell everything, but no effort to do so.  SO I have this brilliant idea. We will ask what she expects to get out of the sell of her ‘stuff’ if it is reasonable, we will buy it and discard it. The house is full, she will never move in 7 days with nowhere to go.
This house hunting is interesting.

Note: There must be a lot of hoarders in this USA! (At least we could walk into the bedrooms…)

9 comments:

betty said...

We had in the contract the date of closing and that we would get the keys then and it was assumed the other parties would be out of the house by then. The first one we bought had people living in it, they bought another house and was gone by the time escrow closed. The one we bought for us to live in was empty so there was no problem after we closed to get the keys. I agree, I don't think Irene has any intention of moving any sooner than she wants to, but congrats on the house! Looks like it could be a good one!

betyt

Lisa said...

It could be worst..Irene might be ready to move but the Pit Bull is not. ha.
After closeing, can you charge her rent? Hope you get in there and get it cleaned out soon. I know yall are ready to stop looking and get a settle.

Its all down hill from here.
Lisa

salemslot9 said...

my John's Dad built
their lake haus
over 30 years ago
John showed me
vintage slides of
his folks dream
in progress
how great is that?
I wish you
all the best

Mevely317 said...

Your new front door is so pretty!
Glad to hear Kathi insisted on your signing for an UNoccupied house. Not that I've much experience, but I believe a good real estate agent is worth every cent of their commission.

(Mebbe Irene and the pit can move in with ole' Ray ?)

TARYTERRE said...

Love the house. Fixer uppers are always charming. Good idea buying her stuff, then disposing it. As for Irene and the pit bull... years ago my husband and I were going to buy a print shop. It was in the heart of the city and I'd be working late hours while my hubby was out of town... a precondition of the sale was that the squatter occupying the back of the building be allowed to stay. I said NO WAY. We walked away from the deal.

Unknown said...

Hope everything works out. I thought when a person sold their home they
had to get out. How old is this lady....I can't believe the mess she lives in.
It will be interesting to hear the outcome.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Having finally found a house that fits all requirements, I'm hoping all goes smoothly. So many things can happen, but I hope they don't. Looks like you will be very busy when the sale goes through just making it the way you want.

Rick Watson said...

Good luck Jack. Let me know If I need to bring Guiedo down there to help facilitate. I can also bring Ol' Hook who is the deaf Pit Bull we just adopted he can help take care of Bidniz :)
R

Unknown said...

PS: That woman with the dog will never move if she does not have anywhere to go be careful about this one. Come on back to Belmont..