Saturday, November 4, 2017

Moon & Sherry's black cup

The Historical picture of the day:
People on the streets with all their possessions in the 1930's depression era.

Oh our sons have found their gypsy or Prodigal Parents. They are down for MAMA’s birthday.

I gave Sherry this black mug this morning, along with a card about the wrong time to have a black mood:

The black Cup:
                                         Then it is filled with hot coffee:

                                          And finally:




It is a neat cup, it changes colors with the heat and has the same message to be read by left or right hand drinkers.

Last night on our walk, we rounded a corner and were greeted by our wonderful ‘FULL MOON’ in a clear sky! It looked like a HUGE Florida orange. My camera does not do it justice, but it was a spectacular sight to see.
 moon shot

I was reminded by an old tale that wanders around the Southern Folk lore.   We have had some flamboyant lawyers. This story is about one who is trying to discredit Brother Moses, who is nigh onto 80 years of age.  Moses is on the stand.

ATTY: Now Mr. Moses it is well known that your sight is not as good as it used to be. This is very important for the life of my client. You say you saw him pull the knife on Mr. Casey. You were a good ways off and I need to clarify that. Are you following me?
Moses: Yes sir, Imma thinking you are doubting my word, but go ahead.
ATTY: Thank you Mr. Moses, I will. Now the investigators say after careful measurement it was 75 yards from the actual crime, to where you were seated on the porch. Now think carefully, it is important, just how far can you see?
Moses: Sitting for a few seconds, then responded, ‘I don’t know just zackly how far I can see, But I see the moon, How far is dat?”
Atty: NO further questions.

Yep, no matter how many times I see a beautiful shot of the moon I think of that old story.

I am feelng a little sickly myself (and at the wrong time.)
************ ***************  **********
Before I go, another fact about this wonderfully created body of ours………..

The three things pregnant women dream most of during their first trimester are frogs, worms and potted plants. Scientists have no idea why this is so, but attribute it to the growing imbalance of hormones in the body during pregnancy.




Nite Shipslog


1982 Chevy s-10

7 comments:

Lisa said...

You did good with the cup. You had me there for a minute.
I took some photos last night of the moon while we were out walking too. It looks like a carbon copy of yours. I can never get my camera to snap a good photo of the moon but it sure was pretty.

Chillin in Gtown
Lisa

TARYTERRE said...

that is a wonderful mug. sentiment included. i saw the moon last night too. it was magnificent.

Jean said...

Happy Birthday to Sherry!! I love the mug you gave her I'm sure she will cherish it for many years to come.

betty said...

Glad the boys came down to celebrate Sherry's special birthday! That was a great mug!! It was cloudy last night here so no full moon sighting :(

betty

Dar said...

I love, Love, LOVE the awesome black to beautiful Birthday mug for sweet Sherry. Happy Birthday Girlfriend and I know there will be many more with your gentle man. And a special gift from God with that full harvest moon. It was raining here but we could see it slightly through the mist.
love n' birthday hugs from up north where Bill is harvesting meat for the freezer. It's a grateful day.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love the full moon picture, what an extra special gift for your girl. That along with the mug and the boys being there certainly made her day a happy one for sure. Hope you are feeling better.

Rick Watson said...

Jilda and I made a COSTCO run yesterday and there in the Dunkin’Dougnut parking lot was an I told her my buddy Jack would be in Auto heaven if he saw this.
R