Thursday, November 9, 2017

Celebration ending and food

The Historical picture of the day:


 This is a picture of German soldiers being shown movies of the concentration camps,  AFTER WWII....I do remember the pictures from the concentration camps after WWII. It was enough to make you sick. Humans were treated worse than animals.
***********   **************   ******

We are winding down the Sherry birthday celebration. Mark headed Home after a breakfast of sausage, grits, eggs, biscuits and gravy. He smiles when he says, “When I tell people I had this kind of breakfast every day of my school life, they don’t believe it.”

But it is true. Sherry, like our mama’s before us considered breakfast the most important meal of the day. It was VERY seldom we had cornflakes (cereal) for breakfast.

Fast food came on the scene during our life time. We were around to see the first McDonalds in our area.  Before that the closest thing to fast food was the curb service places plus ice cream and donut places. At home it was the Dairy Queen and the Donut Dinette.

We have always enjoyed fast food. It was convenient and reasonable when you are young you seldom think of what is the best for your health. It was never our full diet and now it is less so, but we still eat at fast food places at least once a week. Mary smiled when she would comment on our ½ biscuit with jelly and coffee every Sunday morning.  That is still one of our rituals.

Does your town or community have ‘THAT’ spot for good local food and friends?  In our hometown it is White’s Restaurant and also Rita’s.

Do you do fast food?
**********   ************   ******
Okay about your health and this body:
We are about 1 cm taller in the morning than in the evening, because during normal activities during the day, the cartilage in our knees and other areas slowly compress.



Nite Shipslog

Ps: Speaking of Mary, I enjoy her comments no matter where I read them. Lately she has posted a gem or two on Paula’s Country tales. They are always succinct.


A beautiful car, the Studebaker Hawk mid 50's

5 comments:

betty said...

What a great breakfast to have every morning when the boys were young! Good way to start the day. I'm sure there are places here that are considered favorites; we just haven't found them yet (or maybe we did and we just didn't know it). We do fast food perhaps once or twice a month, more in our younger days. Always convenient though!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's a real treat for me to have a bacon, egg and cheese breakfast meal from McDonalds and one that doesn't happen often, but I love it. I grew up like you in a time when fast food was just coming into being. I remember the 1st McDonalds in our area. I craved their fish sandwiches and vanilla milkshakes when I was expecting my first baby. Sherry is such a wonderful mom and I'm sure your son's will miss her great cooking when they leave. We had our first snowfall over night and what a surprise I had when I opened the blinds this morning.

Lisa said...

How did I miss this post? I think you give us a two-for today.
I have heard Nick mention Donut Dinette many times. I do not remember it. I do remember the patty cake bakery.
I am a big breakfast person. I agree...Its the most important meal of the day and its my biggest usually too.

From the desk
Lisa

salemslot9 said...

brayshamburgers.com

www.millersbar.com

we prefer to eat at home though

TARYTERRE said...

fast food from here comes from mcdonalds. also where people congregate.