Thursday, November 2, 2017

Some of my best friends lately.

The Historical picture of the day:


FDR, I still think he was a great president. He had his faults, I hope he is not torn apart for his faults, overlooking the good he did do.

Friends.....
For tonight, introducing some of my friends. Sherry has quit asking from inside the motor home, “Who are you talking to?”  She knows lately it is the lizards. I used to get a chance to talk to the squirrels in the back yard but I don’t see them back here often.  Last year I thought we were friends. Even gave George an apple core.  Well I put it on the fence and he picked it up and I though he was eating it. I knew then we would be friends. But they now just dig in the front yard and take off when I come around, shucks.
Meet Sam.
  George the lizard (George is my favorite name):



                       Kenny
                                                               Penny
 Mary Lou, she enjoys the new BBQ cover.

             Mutt and Jeff


This wonderfully made body of mine ain’t feeling great tonight. It is probably worrying that Sherry is getting older.
Her boys are coming for her birthday.  I have bought her a Black coffee cup to celebrate her mood at turning 80.  LOL

She is always the winner and gets to the next year before I do. I keep trying to catch up. (Just joking about the black mood, she is handling it well as long as I don't mention it. HA!)

 Oh here is Maybelle, Hiding a little:



Before I say good nite, here is another fact you may not know.
Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents. But if you are a woman, you are a better smeller than men, and will remain a better smeller throughout your life.

(I have ALWAYS knew Sherry smelled much better than I, even without Chanel #5.)   ;-)
 Other than a baby right after a bath, I think I love the smell of fresh baked bread.


Nite Shipslog
PS: I warned Junior if that fan comes on you are going for a ride you won't forget!
For Mel up in the North woods. One of the first Roach Coaches.
           And then there was jack's Wagon (The Roach Coach)

6 comments:

betty said...

You have quite an assortment of friends in your yard! They would scare me all to death, though, LOL :)

Feel better soon.

Sherry is close to reaching a milestone a lot of people don't get to. That's one big accomplishment I do believe!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

hope you feel better soon. sherry has quite a milestone birthday on her hands. enjoy the visit with the boys.

Lisa said...

I remember seeing lizzards when I went to Florida. They were a little different looking than the ones here. I was sitting alone with a snack and about 6 of them circled around me. At first I thoughtt it was cute but then I felt like it was a gang and even wondered if they were little alligators so I left the scene.
We have one here that hangs out in our carport. We always call him Loui. He lives in the shutters and every summer we see him in a new hangout. Well we think its the same one.

Off to work
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have squirrels here but haven't given in to talking to them yet. They tend to scurry off to fast. You can have have your lizard friends. they've never been a favorite of mine, but then I've never lived in Florida either. Glad the boys are coming for Sherry's birthday. It's a special one to celebrate for sure ! Hope you are feeling better ! Take good care !

Chatty Crone said...

It is hard to change decades but if anyone can do it Sherri can. I knew women smelled better than men. Are you going to remember all those lizards names?

Dar said...

You know me, right away I got the ol' reptile field guide out...are your friends maybe Brown Anole ? I'm curious if they are all the same kind of creature. No matter, I'm just glad you're enjoying them and their antics.
I have a pretty good 'smeller' on me but do favor fresh baked bread too. Nothing quite like it.
love n' hugs from up north WI where we are getting lots of snow coming down. It is beautiful, clean looking outside. We'll see if I feel the same way in the morning when I have to drive a couple hours in it.