Wednesday, November 29, 2017

People, cares and troubles



Historical Photo:


 Great George Place in Liverpool 1910
             ******   ****** ******
When you are people watching you never know what someone’s life is about or really who they are. Seldom, if ever do I get involved in someone's life unless I am invited. I remember a header on Mel’s blog ‘Honey I’m Home’. The header I remember (not the last one) had a quote on it I appreciated, “Be kind to the people you meet, you have no idea of the drama or pain they are enduring.”  (Something like that)
There is not a person (except me) that doesn’t have a problem that is tugging at their life, heart or finances. (Okay, I’m included, I just remembered one, no make that two.)

I feel sorry for the guy or gal standing with the sign at Exits or busy corners. Seeing young men standing there who LOOK healthy, asking for a handout.  There is always the little note ‘God Bless’. I know firsthand of a couple folk who do this. They do not consider it humiliating to stand there, they consider it a job.

I am sure that is not the case of all of them, but the freeloaders I know, come to mind.  Don’t get me wrong, I have given and will again, I am sure. I always wonder what has happened in that person’s life.


Recently we were informed of some terrible news. A sweet lady was having a problem keeping something on her stomach. Finally after test after test, there was an X-ray or MRI, something to check out her stomach. It was discovered there was a remote camera left in her stomach from an operation a year ago. TRUE. OUCH. Now her sister a good friend of ours and a regular reader of this blog, has informed us they discovered cancer while trying to retrieve the camera.

Yes, we all have our problems, but some are HUGE.  If you pray, say a prayer for this sweet lady. If you do not pray, send some positive thoughts toward North Carolina. I am sure the family is in shock. This sickness has been going on for quite a while. I do not think the result was on anyone’s radar.
YES. Yes under the light many of our problems won’t even show up in comparison.
Nite Shipslog

AN OLD FARMER'S WORDS OF WISDOM...
********
LIFE IS SIMPLER WHEN YOU PLOW AROUND THE STUMP.
                                                         *******

 Truly is an exterminator in Florida who has hundreds of antique cars parked in various places advertising his business.

10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You are lucky not to have a lot of problems Jack! I do think we forget that others are having some real issues. I am so sorry about your friend who has stomach cancer - you never know what will happen tomorrow!

shirl72 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shirl72 said...

I had to delete because I made some typing errors. Hope your Friend's surgery turns out good that sounds painful...

Rick Watson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer of any kind is brutal. One of my good friends has pancreatic cancer. As cancer's go it's one of the worst kind out there.

We have been so lucky. That could change in the blink of an eye.
R

Mevely317 said...

What devastating news! Of course, I'm honored to add her to my prayers. Please, won't you keep us updated as she recovers.

betty said...

Will say a prayer for your friend; perhaps it was a "blessing" for the camera to be left behind if it helped catch the cancer at an early stage. Hubby's dad fell off a ladder which led to an investigation which led to a diagnosis of lung cancer that was treatable because it was caught earlier than later. One never knows.

I have to really look and evaluate the people standing at street concerns. I try not to judge but sometimes I do find myself questioning if they are really in need or just finding a way to make tax free money. On the other hand, we do support the rescue mission here where help is available for those that will seek out the help.

My motto sometimes is "they are just doing the best they can with what they have to work with."

betty

TARYTERRE said...

prayers heading out to north carolina for your friend and family.

Lisa said...

Prayers for your friend! I have always said that what ever my life is challenging me, someone else has it worst. I am not pleased seeing panhandlers on street corners, but often there will be one homeless person that will stand out to me, and my heart will cry for them. I plan to keep a care pacakge on my car to give when the mood strikes. The bag will consist of a hat, deodorant, water and protien bars. The panhandlers make money dont let them fool you. But there are those that do not beg and in more need. Sometimes just a smile will brighten their day.

Hugs from NC
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will be honored to pray for your friend. We just never know what's going to happen next. We never know what is going on in others lives and very often it is worse than what we have. Some may have wealth but not health and without heath or lives change drastically.

Dar said...

My prayers are with your friend. How awful to find a mishap of a surgery room causing such pain to your friend. Really, things like that happen too often are inexcusable. God has her.
love n' hugs from up north. It's a sunny, warmish but windy day