Friday, November 10, 2017

No Kisses!

Historical picture:


Graves of a Catholic woman and a Protestant man in Holland 1888. The two differing religions could not be buried in the same cemetery!
**  ***********   *************  ****

I don’t know what I had, but it seems I was un-nice and gave it to Sherry. Now she seems to be getting over it, but I ain’t getting any kisses! L  Not that I blame her, we will make up for it later. ;)

I have been thinking about something I thought about as a younger guy. I remember wondering how old people felt. You know, old folk from 62 and up. I thought there must be some special feeling to let you know you are old.

Now I think, I am nearing 79 and don’t actually feel any different than when I was in my 40-50s.  I mean that.  I think that feeling is standard (common) among seniors as long as the health stays good.

Shucks when you ain’t well, you feel terrible whether you are 35 or 75.

Anyway I am going to think more on this and close out early since I accidentally posted when I thought I had made a draft. OUCH. That is probably a sign of old age.

But before I close, here is one more fact about this wonderfully made body of ours:

**** The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb, even while you are sleeping. In fact, the brain is much more active at night than during the day***.

What was that I remember about ‘He is not too bright?’  Well 10 watts isn’t too bright! LOL



 Nite Shipslog
Customized 1959 Chevy truck

6 comments:

betty said...

When we were young, we kissed when one or the other one of us was not feeling well. Now that we are older, we don't; I guess we got wiser with age?

Hubby is 64 and I turn 60 soon. I don't consider us old, yet I'm sure to the people around us they think we are ancient. My body might not want to think I'm young, but my mind sure does want to think that :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

we make it a point to kiss every night before going to sleep, no matter how we feel. been doing it for 40 years.

Chatty Crone said...

I want to thank all the Veterans out there - THANK YOU for your service!
My maiden name was Holland - interesting photo!

Lisa said...

First- Happy Veterans Day! We do not say that enough but you are truely appreciated.

Now to the kissy part - You can not catch the same cold twice so go give that woman some lovin.

Feel better!
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Sorry you both had to the share the love...or not. It's that time of year it seems where the bugs are going around. I was down and out for a week already and know the feeling. Take good care and get well both of you!

Dar said...

Bill and I both went through the muscle aches, but I also had the sinus end of things, allergies, for a couple weeks. Now that it's so cold outside, I'm hoping all the allergins died. lol Kiss your girl if she'll let ya, even if it's just on top of her noggin. The bad stuff is in the air! As for the aging thing, we 'think' as young as our 30-40's but we sure have slowed down.
love n' hugs from up north where we have a heat wave going on. It's 24 degrees and I'm lovin' it.