Monday, November 6, 2017

Sherry's day, Her first while being 80 years young.

The Historical picture of the day:




George Burns and Gracie Allen Above circa '1929, below 1952. A good marriage, he always said she was the better of the two.

Now for Nov 6, 2017...

Sherry’s Birthday, she is now officially 80 years young. For gifts I went all out. She got a set on new tires, an oil change and a lawn edger.  Son Mark insisted that was not birthday presents.  So I did get her a Black cup.

The day started at Ihop for breakfast. Then back home. Her birthstone is the Topaz.  I once bought her a topaz ring in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I think she liked it. I read that there were different colors of topaz. So I ordered her a necklace with a small white topaz.  Later I hope to find her something with the blue topaz.


I tell her and anyone who will listen, after over 61 years of dates and marriage, I still see the beauty in this lady that I saw in the seventeen year old girl that I finally mustered the nerve to ask out on a date. Yes, we kissed on the first date (she just told me it was a toe curling kiss.).  Those kisses like her beauty are immortally ingrained in my mind.

I have seldom bought her flowers for special occasions. I hated to see them fade, droop and pedals fall until they went out with the trash. Times change. Technology and new engineering has made it possible to have a real rose that never fades. It is frozen forever at the peak of its beauty and dipped in 24 carat gold.  Now she has a rose that like her beauty will stay young and beautiful, like the lady she is.

The boys and I have enjoyed today with our special lady. Oh yes I also learned in reading up on the topaz, that there is a ‘Sherry Topaz’. I plan to look for one of those also.

Her card and gift certificate from Shirl:

Friend Evelyn called from Hardees in Belmont, NC and she chatted with all her friends gathered there.

Below you see she has her two boys to help her celebrate. They took her to IHOP this AM.

My girl lives in a beautiful and wonderfully made body, here is one more fact about this body:

The human brain cells can hold 5 times as much information as an encyclopedia. Your brain uses 20% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream, and is itself made up of 80% water. Though it interprets pain signals from the rest of the body, the brain itself cannot feel pain.


Nite Shipslog

PS: Of course I got my Kiss.

My girl beside a 1937 Ford, this car was new the year she was born.

10 comments:

salemslot9 said...

best wishes Sherry
on your 80th birthday!

Lisa & John
from Michigan

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Sherry!
Sounds like it was a great day.

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday Sherri - I didn't know that it was today - the same day as my hubs. And we went to IHOPS for lunch - you know they give a Veterans Discount. I have two other friends that have birthdays on this day -that is so funny!

betty said...

Happy birthday Sherry! Looked like a delightful day for you with all the wonderful gifts and time spent with family! May you have a wonderful year ahead!

betty

Paula said...

I'm glad Sherry had a nice birthday. If she isn't careful she will catch me (81). She never ages, does she? Many more to your beautiful girl.

Lisa said...

You did good Jack! You can’t go wrong with Topaz. A beautiful mineral gem.
What a sweet photo of you two kids kissing. I love to read about lasting loves. You two have something special. Im pretty sure it all started with that “toe curling” experience. Ha!

Happy Birthday Sherry!
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Looks like a very Happy Happy Birthday! I'm sending my best wishes along to your special girl! Spending time with family and friends is a great way to celebrate. I love the forever rose too. Never seen one of those before !

Dar said...

Happy Birthday Sherry. You were so blessed to have the day with the boys and you Jack. What wonderful gifts to per-fect the day. I love topaz, also my daughter's birthstone. Her BDay is the 17th. You are forever young, Sherry and as lovely as your forever rose. Beautiful!!!
love n' hugs from our cold north. The sun still shines through the chill.

TARYTERRE said...

happy birthday sherry. and many more.

Jackie said...

What a wonderful day!!
Happy birthday, Sherry!!!
You look marvelous, and I'm so happy to know that your day was a lovely one.
Hugs from South Georgia.
Love,
Jackie