Sunday, November 19, 2017

My Wonderfully made body has CRASHED



The Historical picture of the day:
 If I have posted this before forgive me. But this is the first day in Sweden that they started driving on the right side of the road. Can you imagine here in the USA if we had to switch to driving on the left side?
***********  *******   ****************
Now about my body CRASH!
I have visited many old folk’s homes. We have entertained at times and been a part of a group to minister to the old folk. I never pictured myself in such a facility or even being OLD. 

Earlier I remember the smell of urine very strong. I remember men with skin hanging on bones, very wrinkled. I remember thinking, the muscles are gone. I felt sorry for these OLD people. How sad for their bodies to come to this.

Hold that picture.
Many years ago my girl attended Yoga classes. I joined her at home going thru some of the exercises. I remember only a few names and positions. Yoga is one of the best exercise routines. 

Back to me. My girl probably doesn’t know it but she brought my attention to something I have missed. One day she said to me, “I never thought I would see you with love handles.” We both laughed, I thought she was kidding. Then one night after she had drifted off to sleep, I got up and checked out the mirrors she uses to do her hair, you know, in front and behind.

So nude I stood at those mirrors and looked at my back. OUCH, sure enough I had two hunks of fat the size of 5 lb bags of sugar on the back side of my Waist at my hips. CRAP! I had not seen this from the front.

Since that time I have tried to exercise those ‘love handles’ off to no avail. Besides walking from 2-4 miles a day at a pretty good clip, lately after my writing here, I take 15-20 minutes to go thru some Yoga and exercise routines. I do not remember the names of the Yoga positions, but one I remember is ‘the plow.’ 



Lying on my back I lift my legs and roll them back over my head and ‘try’ to touch my toes to the floor. (OF course at this time I still do not touch the floor.) I do this with my eyes closed for some reason.


Of course I THINK I look this pretty, but I can get about this far on the Plow position. (40 yrs ago I could actually touch my toes to the floor!)

Now to the point of this entry. Last night for the first time I can remember I opened my eyes in the Plow position. Of course I am looking up at my legs. I about passed out in surprise. I AM ONE OF THOSE OLD MEN IN THE NURSING HOME! My skin is hanging down, the wrinkles are round at my knees, and the skin is crepe. I could not see one muscle, just hanging skin. CRAP! I am old. Maybe I won’t open my eyes again and try to forget the sloppy looking skin……………. Nope I won’t soon forget that. But I will work to correct it. (can it be done?)

Imma blame Rick’s Jilda for reminding me of Yoga. Or maybe just Rick.
Nite Shipslog

About that wonderfully made body of YOURS:

Human lips have a reddish color because of the great concentration of tiny capillaries just below the skin.
***************   **********   ***********
 I never owned a '50 ford, They were considered fast by my generation. I know the ford could 'burn rubber' in two gears. Anyway I saw one today that looked like new.

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

LOL-ing over here! I vote we get rid of all the mirrors!

Somehow, sometime in the recent past, the skin on my upper arms has gone slack and crepe-ey. How in the heck? I've not many good features, but my arms were one/2 of them and now I've got to get rid of all my sleeveless blouses.

I've never tried Yoga, but hopefully will find some like-minded ladies of similar vintage wherever we land.

TARYTERRE said...

I'm with Mevely317 . Get rid of the mirrors and embrace your old age... hanging skin, wrinkles and all.

Lisa said...

I am laughing out loud over here! Thanks for those vision I now have in my head! Im afraid to try the plow now! I know I will have crepe hanging skin and Im only 48! No, really, imma gonna go try it. I go rid of my love handles thankfully, but Again, I haven't looked at my backside in the mirror in a good while.

Your a funny one!
Lisa

Paula said...

Wait until your body gives out on the inside along with the outside. Can't believe it, where did ME go? Speaking of lips---my oldest daughter had such red lips when she was young her teacher told her not to wear lipstick to school.

betty said...

I admire you for wanting to try to get into that position! I think if I did, I would damage some part of my body. I used to admire the fact that I had a slim torso down to my waist area. That has changed over the years. Now I must do something about that in the new year.

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I had to laugh about the love handles... I'm reminded of a joke that went on about something called the furniture disease...my chest has collapsed into my drawers... Ha! I'm getting older every day and really don't do exercises, but keeping up with the house and all the leaves on the ground right now keeps me active and busy and I'm just thankful I can still do that.

Chatty Crone said...

Keep your eyes closed and keep on keeping on Jack!

Dar said...

Yep, Jack, like Chatty says, keep your eyes closed and keep on keepin' on. I love that philosophy! Comes a time, the crepe skin gets us all.
love n' hugs from up north in the cold