Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Knife fight



Trucks of Art
   Antique Gasoline delivering truck...

Today:
Something I have put off since last year. The ‘deep skin cancer’ has been ‘cut out’ I think.  I say ‘I think’, because all my friends who have had this done say their doctor cuts some out and has a biopsy done. And then according to the results cuts more or sews it up. This doctor must be sure, because he closed with stitches and said I will see you in 10 days to report and remove the stiches.
This scar will be good. It is gonna look like I lost a knife fight. Bragging rights with the old people.  LOL

Now I have a few questions in my mind. At the top of the list is, “Did he use a scalpel or pliers?” Nothing hurt, but I could feel him pulling (like pulled pork). He doesn’t have a good sense of humor or I would have offered him my pocket knife.  But honestly it did feel like he was cutting with a dull knife and pulling with pliers. LOL  As I said it never hurt, I could just feel the tugging.
 He cut without removing my Cochlear devices.

I truly do not plan on making this a habit. I have learned some things while ‘waiting’ on this surgery. A couple friends actually have a full body search once a year. Searching for things that appear to be ‘skin cancer’ or what ‘might’ turn into a skin cancer. Then they schedule times to ‘remove’ the culprits.

I am not so stubborn as to ignore my health. I will have something taken care of that ‘worries’ me, however I do not plan to look for things to fix that as far as I can tell are not broken. I keep saying I am 80. I do want to live to 100+ if my health is good.

Unrelated, but something I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday. Taryterre (http://taryterre.blogspot.com/2019/04/kindness-of-strangers.html) She hasn’t posted as much as she has in the past, but this entry was absolutely GOOD, possibly a miracle. YES, there are good people in this world.

Then there is https://thenanadiana.blogspot.com/2019/04/bringing-almost-dead-geranium-back-to.html
Read it at your own pearl if you do not believe in miracles. I did get my feeling hurt, but I will get over it. ;-)
Nite Shipslog
PS: Stormy showed up I fed but did not  lot of petting. I 'skeered' myownself about infections. 
The Dr. said do not cover the incision area, just use Vaseline on it.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow what a cut! I hope they got it all out so they do not have to pull anymore pork!

You make me laugh
Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Oh my goodness … what, did that patch have roots? Makes me squirm to imagine that sensation! Pity, the doc doesn't have a sense of humor. Yes, Terre's experience was so heartwarming. However brief, it's always good to see her back in Blogland. It's been a long, long time … but NanaDiana got me good.

betty said...

I'm thinking scalpel? I'm sure they numbed the area well before cutting away. That is going to leave an interesting scar. I agree with you. Get what needs to be done but don't go looking. That was a nice blog entry of Taryterre's from the kindness of strangers. I'll check out the other one later.

So glad to hear Stormy came back around.


betty

Glenda said...

Good to know you've got that taken care of, and your scar will likely not be an obvious one. Hope all goes well. I read Taryterre's "Kindness" story. Thanks, Jack for sharing her blog!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully that is done and all stitched up. Like you said stitches are good sign. I did read both blogs you mentioned and both were very good. We do have a great group of bloggers!

Dar said...

I'm glad your procedure is over. I also wouldn't go looking for what's not broken. I'm also glad you're not petting Stormy D until you're healed. It's so easy to pet, then reach to scratch around a healing area without washing your hands......it happens without thinking so do be careful. My sis and I were blessed with angels too, what a nice thing to know and experience kindness that is within others. Like the Luke Bryan song, Most People Are Good. As for Diana, she almost got me. Good one.
love n' hugs from up north where the sun is trying to shine through snowflakes. Where did spring go for the north? Happy Healing.