Thursday, April 22, 2021

A good drive from Florida

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 

Not sure what it is, but know it is a Chrysler and late 50s.

For today:

First thing this morning was a FLAT TIRE! It was completely FLAT. Now a leak, whether water or air does not fix itself. Since I do have a compressor on the coach, I pumped the tire to 110 lbs pressure. Believe it or not (and I am having trouble believing it) it held 110 all the 500 + miles. If it is still 110 in the AM Imma declare a miracle!!! LOL

I am the first to say, I love being on the road. I am an ‘antsy’ person.  So far I have found no cure of it. I really think I wish I could. I am getting too old to be running here and there. Just today I told Sherry I had hoped to visit San Antonio one more time. I have no idea what draws me there.

I Miss Paula, I loved her back roads travels. I am one of those ignorant people who think those who live together are married.. I mentioned once there were a lot of folks living together who were not married, even in my own family.  I smiled real big when she commented that she and John were living to together and I could bet there was no ‘hanky panky’ going on in their house and win. LOL

We and our sons were fortunate to meet Paula and John south of San Antonio. She was such a joy. I wanted to see her again and ask what had happened.  I knew she was no longer living in Pleasanton and trouble was brewing on John’s side of the arrangement.  Mysteries.

BUT like many things in life in our later years, there will be no ‘closings’, and as an internet friend only, I must live with that.

I didn’t mean to bring a downer here. (but I did)

We have only two homes left in NC. Home ownership has BIG responsibilities, as most of you know. We been downsizing but still have too much for our age.

I keep telling my sweetheart I think we have 4-5 more years to move around. That will have us approaching 90. I KNOW my reactions are still good, but I also KNOW my memory is not great.  Memory is secondary to reactions when driving is concerned.

Now that I again have hit a downer. Imma going to quit.

Positive. I hope to assist the family in home repairs and create a nice nature trail for the greatgrands. I also am planning to do some planning for the BIG HIKE; I THINK I can make.

I did well on this 500+ mile trip and had no problems. Imma try to be good and stay positive.

We are unpacked and computers set up in the house. When we were full time in the RV we didn't have to do all this moving STUFF, including tooth paste, etc.....

 

NiteShipslog

 

5 comments:

betty said...

Just be careful with the work you are doing that you don't get bit by anything you don't want to get bit by. Glad you arrived to your destination safe and sound and I'm going to agree with you that it is a miracle if the tire is still at 110 come morning. I wish I had half the energy you and Sherry do and I'm 20 years younger!! You keep on going as long as you want to keep on going!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Don't worry about the downers. Enjoy yourself and be happy. Trust in God always.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's good to know you made it home safely. If we must get a flat tire, it's best to have it at home where it's easier to fix. I keep loosing tire pressure and have to keep adding air. But so far it's not gone flat. But need to keep my eye on that. Enjoy just being at home !

Mevely317 said...

Thank goodness that tire 'fix' held 'til y'all could get home safely.

I believe it's always good to have a dream ... something 'in the works' to look forward to. San Antonio? Why not? Plus, you'd probably have to come across Alabama. (*wink*)

PS - Methinks between your reactions and Sherry's memory, y'all define what it means to be a Dream Team.

Dar said...

Sometimes it's just not always easy to be positive all the time......so I understand. I love that you go for it every time you get the itch to hit the road. Do it as long as your mind and body allow you to. You and Sherry are the greatest team and do the together thing always on a sound note. Continue having the time of your lives, even when an occasional flat joins in.
loven'hugs from up north where it was gloomy today but to me, another nice day.