Monday, April 26, 2021

Just a quote

Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 1957 Olds 98 Coupe


For today:

Anyone who wants to or tries to be a writer attempts to come up with a GREAT CATCH phrase. One that will be quoted and heard for a long time to come. Simple ones I remember:

1. Made in the shade with table grade.

2. Cool as a cucumber

3. Careful what you wish for…

4. Life is just a bowl of Cherries (one of my sister Shirl’s standards)

5. Everything is going to be alright!

6. Walk a mile in my shoes…  etc.

If there is one printed and quoted phrase by just another man, one who had experienced a terrible beating, one that was not deserved. It is a quote that I would love to hear over and over again, AND HAVE IT PUT INTO PRACTICE! A simple statement made by a NOT perfiect man himself, but to me holds a wealth of TRUTH.  It was a question. Made by a man who had experienced stress and hate. He definitely was not a perfect man, but who is or was except the ONE.

During the riots, on May 1, 1992, Rodney King made a television appearance pleading for an end to the riots:

I just want to say – you know – can we all get along? Can we, can we get along? Can we stop making it horrible for the older people and the kids?

Why can’t we all just get along with each other without hate? Can’t we allow others to have an opinion different from ours? That quote goes thru my mind all the time when I read the news on the internet. I have friends and family who are completely opposite of my in many areas and I still love them to pieces.

The golden rule is good for EVERYONE, not just Christians or the few, but everyone:

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU!

           I’m off my soapbox, all that started because I was wondering if there is a quote by family, you or a famous person that goes thru your mind often?

NiteShipslog

9 comments:

Rosie said...

Jack, that is so true anf i don't understand why we can't all get along regardless of beliefs etc. Why are people so nasty to each other?
They should just walk away if they don't agree, that's what I think anyway.

Chatty Crone said...

I could not agree more. I can't for the life of me figure out what happened and why so much hate. I feel asleep at the wheel. I thought it was a wonderful world and people were happy. Then of course things changed.

betty said...

You know, I think we would all get along if we would hear the truth from our politicians and the media. A lot of the division we have I think is caused by them wanting to divide us. If people would just treat others like they wanted to be treated themselves that would solve the majority of our problems.

betty

Unknown said...

Why so much hate? I don't know. Well I have a guess but I won't go there. Let's just say it started four years ago and has kept on going. We need to stop all this hate and division. We are better than this. God is watching us.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This world will never know peace until it learns to forgive.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Great advice, as ever.
Unfortunately, I'm not as charitable towards certain people. (Jus' being honest ... I'm still a work in progress.)

So, I've been scratching my head all morning, trying to think of a quote that's stuck by me. Lots of stuff handed down by my mother. In this case, maybe the best is, "This world would sure be a dull place if everyone liked the same things."

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love all sorts of quotes and use them often. I don't have one particular one I favor. But I do agree with the one you picked for today. Why can't we all just get along. We really should try to make the world a better place for all. If we could just agree that we're all different, but need each other. It would be wonderful! Good share today! Thank you !!

Lisa said...

I do not think we are all meant to get along but if we can’t then we need to leave each other alone. If you do not like something or someone, do not get involved. A lot of peace would come if everyone could just agree to disagree. People need to understand we are all different and we just need to love and pray for each other. Politics and media are whats pushing the hatred. Everyone wants to be in the spot light and the worst they are, the better chances they have.

Lisa

Anne M Robinson said...

I had this same conversation with my lifelong friend Lynette yesterday. We were raised to be kind and respectful. I'm not sure what happened to the ones making all this trouble. Too bad the old Catholic school nuns I was taught by can't run the world. I will guarantee you they would whip the troublemakers into shape. We should not all be the same. How terribly boring that would be. But my dad use to say when I was an old woman I would see the world be backward. My dad was a smart man. My mom would tell me to pray for the ones I could not get along with. There is no perfection in an imperfect world. Lots of great comments here. Thanks for sharing with us all.