Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Sounds and stuff, I wonder

 Memorable Automobiles from The Past:

 

Don't know what car this is but it looks FAST! & expensive

For today:

I can remember from child hood loving the GRAND PIANO.







 I was mesmerized when looking inside and thinking I was seeing a giant HARP, lying on its side, housed in this wooden housing with black and white keys to tap (not pluck) the strings.

I only saw this in church. For many years we had an upright piano in our house, Shirley could play it and mama could cord many songs. But there was a different sound from the Grand.

I am sure that now, unless you were seeing it in action, there are expensive keyboards that can emit the same sound at on thousandth of the weight.

There is a time and place for everything under heaven.

Have you ever did any public speaking? Have you ever wondered how the renowned speakers of yesteryear spoke to thousands without amplification? If you are a Bible reader or of Jewish faith and reading about Moses speaking to thousands, HOW DID THEY DO THAT? Jesus himself in scripture spoke to thousands.

To be honest I have heard preachers in my life time who could have spoken loud enough to reach a thousand, or it sounded like that. LOL

I was in Athens Greece a couple times. Once climbing the Acropolis to see the Parthenon.  Near there, was the famous Amphitheatre of Athens. The place was empty, someone was down on the stage playing a GRAND piano. I was way up in the cheap seats (stone benches) in the very last row and it was like I was beside the piano.






I sat there amazed listening, thinking there is no electronics, no mikes, no amps and I heard perfectly. I imagined plays on that stage and a thousand people being able to hear.

Yes there is a time and a space in time for everything. Things were accomplished in our distant past that we today probably could not recreate.

Do you ever wonder?

Nite Shipslog

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Jack, you Darnell's have had a rich life, with so many experiences! Your blog is filled with great stories. This post is such an example of the places y'all have been, just wonderful. Love from Chobee!

Mevely317 said...

Wouldn't you and my Tom have a great time playing with his keyboards!? 10 years later, he's still discovering new instrumentation. Ya, modern technology rocks. Sometimes.

betty said...

I think it is the ideal location that makes sound amplify. I think that is what I heard about how Jesus could teach to the multitudes. And no, I avoid public speaking at all costs :)

Betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful post today. Thank you so much. The car is a French Renault, I think; judging from the diamond shape at the front. I wonder ... as I do sometimes ... would the Grand piano sound the same if it is filled with water and have ducks swimming there? Just thinking!

God bless always.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yes, o often wonder. This is such a wonderful world and could never try to explain it all. I love piano music and though I don't play I often wish I could. Meanwhile I mostly listen to it recorded. It is amazing!

Lisa said...

A lot of things leave me amazed and wondering. When did we become so needy of things like mics and amplifiers? Sometimes my pastor will speak and his mic is not working. I hear him more comfortably that way. The loud mic gives off a sound that makes it actually harder for me to understand him sometimes. This is the same with songs.

From the West side.
Lisa