Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Trivia

 Cars in memorial:

 Stutz Blackhawk 70s


For today:

We do a trivia question daily. I have about a 77% lifetime average of being correct. But in the last few days this one hit the screen:

A Foundation created by Ray Charles is associated with the following:

a.       Diabetes

b.       Deafness

c.       Sight

d.       Homelessness

Some trivia questions are obvious, right?

As a matter of fact the answer is ‘b’…Deafness. Hearing is SO IMPORTANT to the blind. 

I have mentioned we met and ate dinner with Bill Irwin, as we talked he said between the two sight and hearing, he would choose hearing. He KNEW firsthand how important hearing was to him as a blind man.

Yard work is mostly finished. I took a break and went over to Jack Jr’s to help remove roots from his septic tank. EWWU, it was nasty but we got it done.

Sherry had shrimp stir fry for dinner and finished it, as I showered. Food was good. JJ ate with us.

A few seconds with the kitties.

 


Nite Shipslog.

PS:

7 comments:

betty said...

That little striped kitty is spunky! I have to agree, it is harder to compensate not hearing as it is not seeing. Yum on the shrimp stirfry!

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You should have invited me to the shrimp stir-fry. I love it.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

I remember reading when you had dinner with Bill Irwin! One of my church friends is married to a gentleman who lost 99% of his sight a few years ago. Unfortunately, he did not 'go gentle into that good night' and their marriage suffered for it. Yet, they discovered a wonderful school for the blind that teaches independent living -and R. just 'graduated' a couple of weeks ago. My friend says it's made all the difference in the world and she is now learning Braille!

But to the point of your post ... yes. I wholeheartedly agree about the sense of hearing being more important that sight. Have fun with those kitties!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love trivia too and used to play a lot of trivia purist with the family. My percentage is about half and half, but I didn't know the answer to your question. Yes hearing is very important especially if you are blind. We tend to take our senses for granted until we no longer have them. I'm blessed to still have all of mine but with age the sight and hearing aren't what they used to be. You've been a busy man. Take some time to rest and enjoy it all.

Dar said...

lol, I have a cousin who has no sense of smell...she could have helped get to the 'root' of the problem at JJ's. Bill would agree with hearing over sight. Though his sight is half gone, the rest of his senses are sharp, especially his ability to hear. I can't get away with anything!! LOL How lucky are you...a spunky kitten and a charmer. Sooo cute.
loven'hugs as haying season is well upon us as we help. We all wish my lil brother would get a round baler.......we're all getting too old for this.

Chatty Crone said...

If I had to pick I would pick to loose hearing over seeing tho.

Your kittens are so cute. Liked Deuce.

Lisa said...

I would choose my sight over my hearing. I would rather live in a silent world than in a dark one.
That little gray kitten is a little sassy! They are so cute!

Resting in Gtown
Lisa