Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Stuff, Cars and cats

 

Cars in memorial:

We called this an English Ford (1948 Prefect). My daddy loved to promote Sunday School. He once gave one of these away at church.

Sherry and I drove it around announcing it would be given away at a drawing on Sunday. He once gave a pony away on Sunday. 
Yesterday's car was a Morris Minor, thanks Victor!

For today:

Myra mentioned Sherry’s glasses. Yep they are new. We both had cataract surgery years ago. But now reading is becoming a chore as the sight deteriorates again.  I am wondering if they can do the surgery again, gotta check on it.

I think the kitties are still nursing some, but they are eating cat food also. They are still a joy to watch. And yes they are doing well with the litter boxes. #1 gets in the boxes when I am cleaning them and I work around him. He seems to enjoy dodging my work. But looks confused with me taking their buried treasure. LOL They usually cut up for me but not this time.


The last big meow is Tom, he is jealous of attention to any other cat or kittie.

This is our Hibiscus that Grandma Mary gave us, it is beautiful.

 

Picture of me working in the yard, Sherry took them and I didn’t know.

Just a little more yard work and we will be titivated and ready for the fourth!


Stay tuned for more of our very exciting life. LOL Thanks for stopping by, we both appreciate it.

 

Nite Shipslog.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It was fun watching the kitties play. They are so cute!
I would love to have one but Nick said no.

Nite
Lisa

Chatty Crone said...

You love those little kittens so much.

betty said...

Great picture of you, Jack, always doing some type of work! Kittens can be so cute to watch and have around (shhh, don't tell Winslow :)

betty

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, I think we had those cars in the UK years ago. I've seen them in old English movies.

Garden work is always hard work. I get tired too quickly watching my wife do it.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

What a DELIGHT to hear your voices! More, please?

Please. Don't work too hard in this heat. Just the other day Tom's SIL had to be taken to the (Phoenix) E.R. suffering from heat stroke. And he's someone who's worked outside every day of his life.

Dar said...

Lucky recipient of the 48 English Ford...generous gift. Your Daddy was a blessing to many, wasn't he. Cute kitties too. Loved your Hibiscus, wow and so many more blooms to come. Be careful in the summer heat. Thank goodness you have a porch to enjoy a glass of sweet tea. It's hot here too so gardening is done first thing in the morning cooler air or in the evening shade. I love your life.
loven'hugs from up north where turning a day older wasn't so bad. Hmmm

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love hibiscus flowers and got some to enjoy here this summer. Mine are red and really show up . I'm trying to keep it in a red white and blue theme here, But it's mostly red and white . Your yard is coming along. A bit of TLC works wonders. Hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July!