Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Just here

Memorable car of the day:

      This is the DXE TEnse a look at the future!

Imagining a dream car for 2035 led DS Automobiles to create an asymmetric, three-seat concept founded on a unique association of two vehicles in one that allows owners to select the driving mode that matches their need at any given moment....
                                                                 

For today:

I am just here. Reading blogs and commenting when I can. Life will pass you by unless you get on the train, I hear, so I am looking for a chance to get back on with a thought or two.  Until then I will enjoy what you have to say in Bloggerville until YOU jar a thought into my little mind.

Today we were shocked into reality when we met some friends at a place called Cheddars. We waited for a good while before being seated. And we learned it was not due to a lack of seats, but a lack of workers, there was only one cook in the kitchen. No one else showed up for work.

But we did have a good time and nice visit. Don & Evelyn were there, they are OLD friends of Sherry’s that I have known to enjoy. They are also RV’ers. The other couple were RV’ers also, but not too active at tis time. BUT of course it was good to see them and catch up on their lives. Of the 4 couples, only Don/Evelyn and we will make the trip to Florida this year.

That is my tidbit for today......


Especially for my entertaining grandsons, Josh & Stephen


NiteShipslog

PS

4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Cheddars used to be my favorite go-to for a juicy burger... at least, the one in Dallas back in the 80's. Isn't it funny how, all these years later, something like that sticks with you?

I thought for sure employees would be returning to work by now, once their handouts began to dwindle. (Or, it that just in Alabama?) Saw a cute sign on FB yesterday: "We're extremely short-staffed and appreciate your patience. If you're running short on patience, however, please feel free to take a job application."

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Good one about the hat full of money.

Glad to hear you had a good time and visit with friends.

Here too, there are shortages of staff. Why can't they employ taller ones? In the ballet too; I noticed all the dancers walking on tip-toes. They should employ taller ones.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How I wonder did you come upon a hat full of money! Ha ! Glad you got out to lunch with your friends. Everyone sees to be short on employees these days. How can they live without making money. Hopefully soon things will even out. A lot of businesses are really suffering .

Gary & Anna Mae said...

Good Morning, Things falling into place with some issues. We have found longer waiting times at the Hospital, Doctors Offices and it's mainly due to Short Staffed, one of the Big Reasons is Staff "Refusing" to get Covid Shots. I guess it's what ever you decide as it is a free country but I don't understand a Nurse coming into my Exam Room to give me a "Shot" and she/he refuses to get one, It's Crazy! I did just get my "Flu" shot buy my Honey has to wait a while I think,, Hope you and the Mrs. are doing OK, Fall is in the Air up here, Take Care and sending down our Love ! Gary an Anna Mae