Saturday, October 2, 2021

Pondering

 Memorable car of the day:

   

Audi off road future vehicle

                                                               

For today:

I have a friend, OK, a witty OLD friend with a pretty wife. The questions in this entry come from an e-mail from him today. He was the one who would have asked these in 1954. Buddy (Richard) was the witty one in our little group for a couple years. He went over to England and found  ‘Di’ (She is his princess but not THAT Princess), at a weak moment she agreed to marry him and come back to the USA and live in a motor home, house, or a streetcar, ‘BLESS HER HEART’ (As we down south are known to say!)

  

Now, ain't the above the truth?


Life's Unanswered Questions (I am going to send him the answers to these of course), but first I thought you might want to read them:

Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke?

Why do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters?

Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in our driveways and put our useless junk in the garage?

Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?(my all time favorite!)

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish-washing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money, called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Why is a doctor’s clinic called a ‘practice’? Didn’t he pass his exams? - as per the qualification certificate on his wall?

 

NiteShipslog

PS

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed my post today on my Blog.

Let me explain. The "narrator" is actually me. These are old tapes of my radio show, "Time for Reflections" of years ago. I also have the talk written out for people who enjoy reading them too.

God bless always.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You have posted a good set of questions today, Jack. These have often crossed my mind and I never got the answers. I'd certainly like to hear your views on them.

Also, can you tell me please why is abbreviation such a long word?

God bless you and Sherry.

Mevely317 said...

Laughing out loud! People are crazy, ya we are.

PS - Thank goodness I gave up wearing mascara years ago; I wouldn't want to swallow a gnat.

Lisa said...

Hahaha when I read down to the sheep one, my coffee shot out my nose.
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I like you're list of questions, but don't have any answers to give. I'll be pondering right along with you. Seems like life is full of unanswerable questions. I for one don't need all the answers.

Dar said...

What a fun entry...too many unanswered questions for sure. I've often wondered why the doctor's job is called a practice. I guess we're the guinea pigs. I'd also like to know why Noah never did swat the mosquitoes. lol
love n' hugs from up north in our gorgeous weather country, at least for now