Sunday, October 31, 2021

Remembering, and a smile

  Car of the day

A 50's MG seen at Pioneer Days Zolfo Springs, FL

 


Now for Today:

There are many times I cannot find a good subject and so I spout off like a man on a soap box.  BUT we are blessed to have traveled. I do not know how nor when I learned I could put my ‘Pictures’ on this computer as a screen saver.  It has been such a joy at times.

Sherry and I will sit and name the places and people that pop up.  It is amazing to me because I remember going to grandma's house and looking thru the old black felt photo albums with pictures mounted with stick on corners holding them and then getting into a shoe box with old pictures.

Is this shot beautiful or what?

This is the Snake River in Idaho. This is the point above, where Evil Knievel  tried to jump on a rocket powered Motor cycle but failed. Below are some of the many waterfalls on the Snake. I love waterfalls.


Even this popped up from somewhere in the Carribean. I love the old derelict, knowing there were thousands of tales spun on its decks.



 

Above is Bill Irwin, the only blind person to Thru-Hike the Appalachian Trail. We were fortunate to be able to buy him and his wife’s dinner in Bangor .

No one could forget this guy and that smile.  Bill,the hubby of Dar who comments here. They visited us in our coach  once in Upper Wisconsin.

 

WE get to see and remember many highlights of our Blessed life on the road.


Ahhh and there was Dick and Kat, we drove to Alaska together, this was some of the boon docking up that way. We would park with the coaches facing and put the fire between them..
Above in the wilds of Paris and below a castle in Germany
I am definitely not the best with a camera. I point and shoot. There are times I WISH I had taken more time but then I guess I was afraid I would miss something. But, even bad photography reminds me of some great times.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

5 comments:

Susan Kane said...

Your photos make me want to go on a travel.

Mevely317 said...

Me, too! Like the couple in Sean Dietrich's column today. And the two of you.
If I could do it over, methinks I'd take less pictures of scenery and more of my friends and fellow travelers.

Glenda said...

So many wonderful memories....glad you got so many photos. You two have enjoyed a wonderful! lots of LOVE from Chobee, Glenda

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Photos can provide such wonderful travels down memory lane. And you certainly have travelled, Jack. Thank you for sharing your happy memories.

God bless you and yours.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Old pictures no matter how bad are wonderful to see. I have so good memories that show up in my photos I could spend hours remembering all the good times while going through them too. Good post and good pictures !