Monday, October 4, 2021

Life and Fairness

 

Car of the day:

 Todays Bentley Concept


For today:

First, I just noticed it is 10/4!  I have heard the term: "Ten Four Good Buddy" many times, coming from the time of CB radios. WE never did get one during it's hey day, but I certainly remember the well worn term

It is hard for someone who has a BIG problem to say, “Life isn’t fair!”

Humans sorta look around us at folks who seem to have no problems and say ‘they have it better than I!’

I was thinking back over a post about the same thing that Victor put on, he was quoting Father Ignatious. Victor is an odd fish, he has several personalities, one is Father Ignatious. Yeah I know I am spelling it different, but he doesn’t know how to spell his own name. (but don’t tell him!)

I must admit that the Father is pretty smart, even if his words belong to Victor.  Anyway he did explain the ‘Life isn’t fair,’ feeling very well to his catechism class.

Billy, my friend who is blind, he certainly never asked to be blind. If someone could say ‘This isn’t fair’ it is him. Then he just lost his sweet wife ‘Jewel’ who was his eyes, and he could yell that even more loudly, ‘This is not fair!’ But he does not, he has this ‘Steady as she goes’, attitude and a BIG SMILE!

AND a sweet friend in Florida who is a dedicated Christian and just lost her youngest son to COVID, She too could yell, “THIS ISN’T FAIR!” and she is right it isn’t fair, but it is life.

If most of us will take the time to think and look around us, we can see others who prove, life isn’t fair.

I read once if we could see other’s lives deeply and their problems, we would gladly embrace ours.

So for today, let me say I am Blessed. We still have both our sons and they are in good health.


You are looking at an old man, then in just a few years there you are.

 

NiteShipslog

PS:  Victor: I read your side bar with all that bologna about copyright and copywrong, so I used your stuff anyway! It was too good to not use, Sorry!

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love the words posted here today. so true. we age before we know it. and nothing we can do about it. no matter how bad my circumstances i know somebody elses are worse. thats life. love the 10/4. going to try it out on my hubby. wink wink.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Life is not fair, but it is what it is. Some have it better than others, but we can only make do with what we have and live life the best we can. Any way I look at it life is a blessing to me. Every day is a gift !

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you so much for the mention on your Blog today dear friend. I'm so glad we met on the Internet.

I always admire and in awe of people suffering great ills and misfortune, and with the right to say "it isn't fair"; yet they go on in life calmly and often with good Faith. I knew someone who had suffered many serious illnesses and been in hospital often. Whenever I used to phone him to check on him he used to say, "I'm OK ... so many much worse off than me!"

Thank you Jack for your comment on my Blog today. I have responded fully there and mentioned what happened to me in real life.

God bless you and Sherry always.

Mevely317 said...

I remember the time (ca late 80's) when I was 'cured' from saying, "It's not FAIR!" My sales manager -- a beautiful, but someone dimwitted lady -- had accompanied one of our account executives to a Miami ad agency. Shortly after landing, the heat and humidity grew fierce. As the story goes, Noreen stomped one pretty little foot and told Ken, "It's not fair. You need to DO something."

LOVE that last picture so much. Circle of life, indeed!

yaya said...

After the last 19 months I'm sure there are thousands who are saying "life's not fair". I don't think it's suppose to be fair. I think we just need to find a way to make it fair in own lives by doing what your friends have done. Smile, know this life is only a short time, that we will see our loved ones again, and enjoy each day to the best of our abilities. I will gladly carry my own cross in this life journey but try and help others to carry theirs. So smile and be kind...just like I'm sure you and Sherry do!