Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Done, but It was a little tougher….

  Today’s automobile:


This is the results of a stolen super car, deserted here in the desert.

 Some thoughts for today:

I did finish the window with a few misteps. One, I think I forgot after cleaning each pane of glass 4 or 5 times, I touched one of the cleaned pains and quickly wiped it without CLEANING it again. There will be one finger print there forever. LOL. Some of the glass was etched from the seepage and could not be cleaned perfectly. But the job is done, not perfect but so much better than it was it is like night and day.

I had to do a lot of ‘engineering’ work just to get it to this position.  It was a little heavier than I can handle. But with a lot of leverage and slowly easing it into place, I was able to work it in from this position.

This is the final job results, Sherry and I are both satisfied with the results.

Next RV job is to repaint the front of the coach, the original paint is faded.

We had another pleasant season today. Cousin Dewey brought our oldest cousin on dad’s side over to see us, Harold Fulbright.  He has had a tough time lately and is in an assisted living place for rehab. Harold is 89 now and able to get around on his walker.

 

NiteShipslog

PS:  This made me smile…!:

 “Nothing you wear is more important than your smile.” – Connie Stevens

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It looks fine to be and I could not see the fingerprints Just knowing there will be no more leaks is good. I'm enjoying the smile quotes very much they are best gift you give to others. Love, ma

betty said...

I think the fingerprint will add character to the window. Kind of like someone putting their handprint in wet cement :) Didn't take you long to get that project completed, Jack!! Glad you were able to visit with relatives too! Always fun to hang around family!

betty

Mevely317 said...

Gosh, that Betty went and stole my train of thought! (*grin*) Maybe you can get one of those vinyl stickers made to put under the fingerprint: "Kilroy was here."

PS - Love that pix: The 3 amigos!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a good time with family and friends.

God bless.

Woody said...

Glad you figured out the Window replacement. I no longer take on more weight than I can handle but being stubborn I still heave ho on things I shouldn't !!!

Hot and very Humid, thought we were back in Florida but a nice cool shower cooled it down except for North of us got hammered with high winds and rain ! Lot of down trees nd power line's ! Don't over do, sending down our love to you and Sherry from the North Country ! Gary and Anna Mae