Thursday, June 2, 2022

To South Carolina for the night, Then North Carolina!

Memorable car of the day:

 This dude is either a '48 Dodge or Chrysler business coupe.

Still a nice grille for someone. ;-)

For today:

We have decided I am happy with the Bridge building of Mr. Dentist (I honestly still do not know is name, that is weird even in my book!  Evelyn recommended him, she did so by telling me where his office was, not by name.  You do crazy stuff when you are old. (Not like me; like Evelyn, she is older than me, really!).

We will stay at Point South, SC, near Yemassee.  For years I called it “ye MASS ee,” But the locals pronounce it “ye mus SEE”, I think it is “You Must see”, well we did and it is a nice small community.

We stay at a nice RV park there when we can get a site. It is free to us because it is one of our membership parks. We will overnight then head to our NOW home base, in Belmont, NC.

I am actually looking forward to seeing the Ferals we left. Someone hinted I might see more than I expect, and that is probably true. We did get a pic from our sweet neighbors of the snow during the winter and they said the cats were doing well.



The have a pretty Beagle that I love. She is Hydi and gives me sugar over the fence most days. She gets along with the cats wonderfully. I am sure she is jealous because she is on a leash or in the fenced yard. They do give her a long walk each day.  If I ever settle down imma get me a dog.

One comment on my bridge.  Since I have never had one I must force my tongue to allow me to chew on the left side. Ha….   All in all after a couple days I am very happy with the work of the dentist.

I guess my youth was odd, our family NEVER had “Our Doctor or Our Dentist.”  I do not know how my dad picked the medical help we needed.  Mostly we did not go to DRs until I did something stupid like ‘sticking my hand in boiling tar’ or wrecking my car.

Any way it is enjoyable to think of getting on a long road for the first time in months. This will only be 550 miles. I will show you the first diesel tank price, if I think of it. LOL

 Nite Shipslog

PS: Gotta think sometimes!!!

. “There is fear when frowning. There is love when smiling.” —Maxime Lagacé

3 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Turn up Willie Nelson ... "On the road again!"
I can almost hear your smile between the lines. Life is good ... please stay safe out there!
xo

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I have checked. Your dentist is called I Pullem.

Bon voyage and take care on the road. Country Roads ... take me home ...

God bless.

betty said...

I hope you didn't get sticker shock, Jack, when you saw the price of diesel! I'm sure it will be good to check out your home base in NC and see how everyone is doing. I sure miss Stormy!

betty