Sunday, June 12, 2022

Growing stuff

  Today’s automobile:

I would love to have this for a planter.. I could use silk flowers!  LOL


 Some thoughts for today:

When we lived in Valdese, NC there was a super big grape vine(s) behind the house. The grapes were red seeded and were delicious. Mama made some great Grape jelly & Jam.

I have tried to grow a grape vine at every house we have had. NO LUCK.  Well once in Charlotte I planted what I was told was a grape vine and it grew like crazy. It only produced miniature grape clusters (?) with grapes about the side of BB’s (1/8 -1/16”) in size.  But the VINES were fantastic. LOL.

 Year before Last year I BOUGHT a vine and planted it here. I actually got one small bunch off it. Guess what? This year the old vine is dead just a small new one with 4 leaves.

SHUCKS!

Sweet friends give us plants, I kill ‘em. EXCEPT this beauty given to us and planted by DIL Corinne.  Chek this out!

They are the prettiest flower I have seen. Probably gonna replace my favorite the Tulip, it is definitely tougher than the tulip.

Well I m going to enjoy it while I can. I am told it is a candle Lilly(?)  It is gorgeous…

NiteShipslog

PS:  We really need to try this:

“Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” — Mother Teresa

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope your grape vine survives. That is a beautiful lily and it looks like its thriving there. :) I'm smiling back at you today. We should always greet each other with a smile !

betty said...

That candle lily is pretty! I hadn't seen them before. Some people just have the "green thumb" and know how to make things grow. I tend to be of the "brown thumb" category myself :) I wonder if the type of soil and nutrients are the key for growing grapevines?

betty

Mevely317 said...

Unlike my mother, I'm in your camp when it comes to keeping plants alive. Aside from the philodendrum (which thrives in the sun room just to spite me), I've given up and will be content to see the gorgeous blooms Pastor Janet has planted next door.
Love that Mother Teresa quote!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Vines are so difficult to grow over here too. Plenty of leaves. Have you tried making stuffed vine leaves? Great with a glass of Ouzo!

God bless.