Thursday, June 9, 2022

To lose a loved one….

 That Car:

 What came first, the car or the house?


For today:

WE all have experienced death in our families, some closer than other. BUT most of these deaths are the end product of normal life and existence.

Cancer is to me one of the worst ‘natural’ things that end lives.

I cannot imagine having a son in the service of this country and getting the sad message delivered by someone in uniform to tell me he has been killed.  That is terrible.

BUT more than that, to have someone call you that your child has been killed at school must be one of the worst shocks to the foundations of a family.

Nuts are gonna bring us Gun Control, good bad or indifferent, with all the crazies out there. Shootings in school, in church, malls, etc.  Absolutely, if straight citizen John Doe must turn in his guns, the crooks will still have them. That is a fact jack.

I have heard good arguments for and against fully automatic weapons in public hands. Coming soon we will have some laws enacted, I just hope common sense is used.

We can have SOME Gun Control and not have the honest person punished.  We could have some control on types of guns. I am not smart enough for the answers, but there are people who are smart enough to come up with some rules.  After all we will take a drunk driver OFF the street when one is ID’d.  WE do have RULEs & Laws…..

on a lighter note:

It is fun to watch puppies and kitties

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:    “Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful.”– Rashida Jones

 

7 comments:

betty said...

I think there has to be more judicious screening of people buying guns. More intense background checks and even a psychological assessment of a person before they can purchase a weapon. I like that some states are moving the age to buy "assault" weapons from 18 to 21 years old. It is a proven fact that a male brain does not fully develop until 25, so perhaps that should be the age you can purchase some firearms. Heck, in the older days you couldn't rent a car until you were 25. We do have the right to "bear arms" but I think we have the responsibility to make sure we bear them and use them the way they were intended to be used. I know if someone is suicidal and seeks medical care/treatment, the first thing the family is told to do is to remove the firearms from the house or lock them up where the potential suicidal person cannot have access to them. The same thing holds true if one is showing signs of dementia. It is advised to remove the firearms from the house. So, like I said above, more judicious screening. That's my not so humble opinion :)

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope qw so soon have some answers on ho the law can prevent this kind of tradedy. One child shot by a gun is one too many. No matter the preference of party, we have to agree on something and make it safer for our children. Politics cannot play a part in this. It's heartbreaking to thin our children are not safe at school. Or people are not safe at the grocery store. Some days I just dread leaving my home and it shouldn't be this way. Take care and bed safe there. Keep praying we'll get some solid gun rules.

Woody said...

Most States to become a Police Officer is 21 years old, to Join the Military I believe it is still 18 unless signed by a Parent or Guardian and then it's 17, We give these 18 year olds semi and Automatic Weapons, training and UCMJ to follow. Making an AR15 Illegal will do nothing to prevent someone from getting one.
After 25 Years in Law Enforcement and 8 Years in the Navy as an MA IO know Money Talks and BS Walks. If your willing to Pay for something you can get it !hope these killings stop and pray Nightly for some peace, I was sickened at Last nights TV Show of January 6th as these "Politicians" had some dam good writers to write their "Scripts" ! (*My Opinion)
You and Sherry Take Care, sending down Love and Prayers from the North !

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Mevely317 said...

I, too, am sickened by these senseless acts. Repulsed, too, by the liberal left pointing fingers at conservatives like, "This is all YOUR fault." Both sides need to calm down (ha!) and work together to enact legislation like what Betty's proposed.
My DIL's worked in mental health for 28 years now and some of the stuff she's said about stuff getting pushed under the rug would make a grown man cry.

I hate to say it, but I'm increasingly aware of my safety while out and about. Like blogger friend Sandra suggests, I've made a habit out of identifying all the exits at Wal-Mart, etc. Even our little church has one or two men positioned at the door throughout services. Not sure I can spot if they're carrying, but I'd bet on it.

Eileen in Fla. said...

You will notice that no women and few African Americans commit mass murders. This is a characteristic of the white male's gun fetish, usually by a young male. Too much -- swaggering, toxic hormones. For 10 years of the Clinton administration, assault guns were banned. Shootings went down dramatically. Easy access=mass murders. I hope our government takes steps to protect us.

Susan Kane said...

Looking back to my 1950s childhood, people/men all had rifles for our own safety. A farmer will be able to protect livestock. Now?